Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tevion 14" TV parental code locked?

Options
  • 05-09-2005 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum but let's see. The post is for a pal whose two nephews managed to set the parental code on this TV without realising it. He's ready to bin it after spending several nights trying to guess the code!

Would anyone here know how to reset this to factory conditions as he managed to lose the manual too!

It's not nicked - HONEST!!!!!! Bought from Aldi about 12months ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

there is usually a factory default my 14" Mitsubishi has one like up down left right get onto Tevion e-mail them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

there is usually a factory default my 14" Mitsubishi has one like up down left right get onto Tevion e-mail them.

Do these things have a backup battery of some kind or might leaving it unplugged for a couple of days do the trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

dam099 wrote:
    Do these things have a backup battery of some kind or might leaving it unplugged for a couple of days do the trick?

Unless it needs few months unplugged. I guess I really need someone with the manual for one of these to stand any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you post the model number of the set I might be able to help.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

ZENER wrote:
    If you post the model number of the set I might be able to help.

ZEN
    I'll be happy to - watch this space and thanks for your help either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Discharge the flash in the telly.

Involves opening the telly which is a dangerous and bad idea if you don’t know what your doing as parts can be live(mains voltage) for up to a year or more unplugged (Capacitors).

Some tellies have manufactures code built in and/or a factory reset. Depends on Model and make

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think someone capable of discharging the flash as you put it would be aware of the voltages in the set. Mains voltage is the least of your worries, the smoothing caps can have up to 400 volts DC on them -although they discharge fairly quickly to relatively levels - while the tube anode may be at about 25OOO volts for a long long time in a dry dust free colour set.

Not a good idea to go fiddling about in there, this can be done from a service menu or button combination from the outside.

ZEN

Advertisement