Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v France + scores

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Guys, ive got a nagging feeling that Kerr is gonna persevere with the same setup and lineup that he used against Italy- 4-3-3/4-5-1 (but with Robbie in for Morrison) so that S. Reid can add a bit of presence to CM.

Hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

nothing would please me as much as kavanagh and keane starting in the centre with andy reid and duff on the wings with 2 men up front

gives a formation that they are all familiar with as only the chelsea and united boys are using the 4-3-3 week in week out

also it gives the tackling punch to rough the french up abit with the threat down either wing

sadly i dont see this happening

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Right lads im off to the pub now to calm my nerves.

COME ON IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Kilbane was arguably our best player in France. He was feared by them even before then.

He will play, deservedly so, and he will play a stormer. He is the only player we have with the energy and athleticism to be able to do ALL of Keanes running IMO. He is considerably better on the ball than people give him credit for.

Kilbane in a 1-0 win, 100/1, or a 1-1 draw, 75/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Me too....so fookin nervous.....

see yis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

yeah, i reckon Kilbane will start for sure. we need athletic players and he is one of our few really atheltic players along with dunne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Gileadi wrote:
    nothing would please me as much as kavanagh and keane starting in the centre with andy reid and duff on the wings with 2 men up front

gives a formation that they are all familiar with as only the chelsea and united boys are using the 4-3-3 week in week out

also it gives the tackling punch to rough the french up abit with the threat down either wing

sadly i dont see this happening

I don't think what formation anyone plays with at club level should even come into it.

I've been banging my head all week trying to figure out who I'd like to see him put out, reid Vs finnan on the right is the only position I'm not sure about, if Carr and finnan are on the right this might stop any action from henry coming from the left and if reid plays i feel we might really get exsposed here but then again if reid plays we can seriously go at the french from the wings and test gallas and boo boo.

In the middle I agree with you totally I think kavanagh and keane in the center is really what's called for tonight, but i don't think we'll see this and i don't think many would agree.

apart from that i think the team picks itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Working all day took my mind off things, but here come the butterflies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

No ticket so off to the pub now. I was really built up for this last week but the excitment got lower closer to the match. Walking home from work and seeing the traffic and the buzz this match is creating has got me up again. Got into the house and all they're talking about is the match. DVD recorder is set so I can watch it sober tomorrow on my day off. :) A few pre-match quotes to get you built up more:

Henry: “I really respect Shay Given as a goalkeeper, he’s one of the best in England, but I’m going to do my best tonight. He has played well against me but if I remember well, I always usually come out of it with a goal.”

Sagnol: “I played against Damien Duff in the Champions League last season. He has a great left foot. He doesn’t need a lot of space to send in a good cross or to shoot. I will have to stay very close to him and concentrate for the whole game. He is a little bit like Ryan Giggs a few years ago, he tries a lot of things. He is a great player – if he plays every weekend with Chelsea, it means he is a great player. It will be hard for me.”

Boumsong (pretty much confirming he'll start as Domenech would have told the players his team last night): “It will be a hard game. I know about the Irish, of course they have Shay and Stephen in the team. It will be strange to play against them.

“I hope it is me who is smiling when we get back to the dressing room at Newcastle! We haven’t spoken much about the game, and if we do win then I won’t be going over the top with my celebrations at Newcastle because there are still many points to play for and things can change.

"It is every players dream to play for their country in the World Cup, and I am no different. We are desperate to get to Germany next summer, but it is wrong to talk about how we could do in the finals until we actually get there. If you ask Shay and Stephen, they will tell you the same."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Boys, cant wait for this!!! I have all me ireland songs playin here all day like Put 'em Under Pressure and Give It A Lash Jack and The Boys In Green etc etc.

The only problem i have with this match is that it isn't on a saturday night. Imagine an irish win on a saturday night!! Ireland would become the best place to go out in the world!! I feel a victory in this match will give us a buzz that will keep us goin for the remainder of the group and a momentum that will see us finish off the swiss once and for all!! cant wait!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

2-1 to Ireland.

Duff with a Keane peno, Zidane for France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Holy crap, I'm so hyped up. COME ON IRELAND!!! Pity those buggers returned for this game, would have been great if they didn't return till after the Irish game.

It's Keane vs Viera for the first time at international level.

COME ON IRELAND!!!!!

/me listens to Metallica's version of whiskey in the jar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

1-0 Israel vs the Faroes.

poop, Israel are beating the Faroes, and the swiss will hammer cyprus, we have to win lads, none of this if we get a draw crap. Oh god I hope we can do it. PLEASE!

Keane better not get sent off lads. He better keep it clean.

• Advertisement

1-0 Switzerland
    2-0 Israel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I fear defeat so much tonight but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a poor french performance and a win for the irish. O.k. 5 minutes to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Good luck guys. Do us proud.

Allez Irlandais!

Cyprus are level with the swiss!

• Advertisement

i hope the cyprus can hold out... pity morrision got booked, he misses the trip to cyprus, ireland are playing well it has to be said > so far <

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

This is class game. Come on Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Morrison's having a great game it has to be said. Carr is playing well also.

Morrison and keane would want to watch that they don't get sent off in this game, both miss the game against cyprus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

And exhale. Good stuff so far. I'm more optimistic now but thats when things tend to go wrong.

71' Cyprus 1 - 2 Switzerland

You would expect switzerland to win that.

Ireland are playing very well. Pity that we have lost Roy Keane and Morrison for Cyrus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Decent 1st half performance though robbie keane and duff don't seem to be in the game much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

cyprus 1 - switzerland 3 :(

Duffer is out of the game but Reid is really in it. So its swings and round abouts

I didnt notice Kilbane in the previous half as Giles said , hopefully he will get stuck in.

Morrison is far more effective than Robbie keane, Robbie keeps giving the ball away

I dunno, we're doing better than I expected, although we were laxed in the last ten minutes of the first half. Also, lads, we have to score, there's no way we'll get a 0 - 0 draw, france could so easily go for a free kick at the end, and we would give it to them because of the panic of them being right at the edge of the box, right at the end.

We have to score, we cannot settle down, we have to keep this up until the end.

COME ON IRELAND.

P.S Keane and Morrison better watch themselves.

*fingers crossed*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I cant see us scoreing to be honest 0-0 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

i can see us scoring, the ball bouncing into the goal off the back of someones head or a sliced shot or something :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

bizmark wrote:
    I cant see us scoreing to be honest 0-0 draw

We miss Bizmarks running commentry tbh. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Are we gonna have any players at all for the Cyprus game?

That’s 3 out for our next game still its only Cyprus(sp?).....right

Balls

oh no :(

fell alseep, arse. great goal, well done france.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the poxy defence stood off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

:( oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

N.Ire one up against England

Well done NI.

I think our dreams are over lads, it looks like we'll loose here. We have loads missing in the next game, we'll probably draw that.. then what?

kerr will be gone i suppose

Kerr is a great manager IMO. He shouldn't get the sack. But I don't want to go into that, cause that's for another thread. hehe. COME ON IRELAND, PLEASE!!!

• Advertisement

Ireland can still get the play offs providing we beat Cyprus and Switzerland.

Time for 10 minutes of hoofing the ball forward.

Ireland are never going to score

G'wan the north!

fcuked lads, france will keep the ball to irritate us, we'll make fouls, they'll end up with the ball again, game over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement