Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD gym??

Options
  • 05-09-2005 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

does anyone know what the concession price is for this week in the UCD gym? anyone who was in today and had a look, i remember they had a special price, really cheap, for registration week. so if anyone knows could they please fill me in as im planning on going in tomorrow.

That and i dont have daddys credit card so the money comes out of my own pocket.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

Today they were advertising 170euro for students - BUT WAIT!

Some sports clubs (it was the ultimate frisbee club last year which i remember) give majot concessions to crunch fitness if you join them. You dont actuall have to attend or partake in any of the clubs activities, last year the frisbee club was 7euro to join but meant you could join the gm for 130euro. Cheap as Chips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Today they were advertising 170euro for students - BUT WAIT!

Some sports clubs (it was the ultimate frisbee club last year which i remember) give majot concessions to crunch fitness if you join them. You dont actuall have to attend or partake in any of the clubs activities, last year the frisbee club was 7euro to join but meant you could join the gm for 130euro. Cheap as Chips!

Hurling, Rowing, Football, Tennis, nearly everything I do believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

130euro. Cheap as Chips!

They would want to be the best chips in the world ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

if i remember right, during the first few days, like reg week, it was 130?

but ur saying 170? but 130 with concessions. cant they just make it simple?

can anyone confirm the price please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

You also get free gym access with a sports scholarship, and free fees if you fail your exams, money for books and some people the really good people ie get a maintenance payment. So any prospective first years should apply. The big sports like the GAAs and stuff can be competitive but its worth applying for stuff like you know cricket and stuff even if youre only half good at it cos youve still got a chance! Only things if you do get one they bar you from competing with your own club OR EVEN GOING TO THEIR MATCHES well that last bits gross exaggeration but lets just say *bad things happen*!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

You also get free gym access with a sports scholarship, and free fees if you fail your exams, money for books and some people the really good people ie get a maintenance payment. So any prospective first years should apply. The big sports like the GAAs and stuff can be competitive but its worth applying for stuff like you know cricket and stuff even if youre only half good at it cos youve still got a chance! Only things if you do get one they bar you from competing with your own club OR EVEN GOING TO THEIR MATCHES well that last bits gross exaggeration but lets just say *bad things happen*!!
    Holy mother of f**k, UCD does cricket?!?!
    How the hell did I not find this out before? I demand to know the meaning of this travesty!!
    I wanna play cricket, did they have a stall at the Sports Socs thing last freshers week in the Sports Centre?

Cricket is new for this year I believe.

Advertisement