Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elva Johnson on RTE

Options
  • 05-09-2005 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭

For those who are interested, UCD history lecturer Elva Johnson appeared on RTE's 'Reputations' series, which is a programme where they take controversial Irish figures and have one person defending the figure with another person basically criticising the figure.

There have been programmes on people like Padraig Pearse, Wolfe Tone and Charles Stewart Parnell.

Elva takes part in the programme on Diarmuid MacMurrough and in the words of the presenter, 'has little time for the revisionist assessments of Diarmuid Mac Murrough'.

It's a good programme and worth listening to as are the other ones.

You can listen to the shows here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Heh, I remember some students in my class complained about Elva Johnston when we were in first year....that was interesting. Made the front page of the Observer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

For those who are interested, UCD history lecturer Elva Johnson appeared on RTE's 'Reputations' series, which is a programme where they take controversial Irish figures and have one person defending the figure with another person basically criticising the figure.

Thats a good idea for a show, you can do the same thing on Collins and Devalera if you follow the link in my sig - or like me you can totally reject the fact that either of them were historically worth anything and mess up a perfectly constructive debate!

Good to see talented UCD lecturers getting out and about on the national airwaves. Il Presidente is pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

FFS, UCD's lecturers are always on the telly. Mostly on Questions & Answers, but on lots of other rubbish as well. Nothin new at all.

Bejaysus.

Advertisement