Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband In Julianstown????

Options
  • 05-09-2005 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about broadband options in julianstown

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Contact eircom man, assuming you havent. If not try Net1.
    I pledge my allegiance to that company, better speeds,better service.

www.net1.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

Will peer-to-peer work with this, and how does the 400kbps compare to regular broadband

400kpbs??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'm on Net1 in Dundalk at 1.1Mbps and have no problems whatsoever with them. They have Julianstown covered AFAIK.

Give them a shout, sure... their basic service is 512Kbps (up and down) for €35 per month.

www.net1.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

Do do it. thats speed is nothing compared to regular Broadband. Hold out fr another 3 months

• Advertisement

Elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gav107

In Stamullen and using Net1
    Great when it works, but they are having trouble with supply at mo and have had for ages. To be honest only worth having if you can get nothing else - it's not relaible anyway so don't depend on it for anything important
    Support could be better too

What supply?
    How bad is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Fair play to you for getting Net1.ie to do an installation. Anyone else in the area have any success with them. How did you make contact, how long did it take and have you actually tried to get support from the?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Net1.ie's supply problems have been sorted for quite a while (since they dropped IrishBroadband as an connectivity supplier at the beginning of the year and went - I think - with C&W). The speed on their network is nothing short of tremendous (well, here in Dundalk anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Bard wrote:
    Net1.ie's supply problems have been sorted for quite a while (since they dropped IrishBroadband as an connectivity supplier at the beginning of the year and went - I think - with C&W). The speed on their network is nothing short of tremendous (well, here in Dundalk anyway).

Thats the first positive thing I've heard about them in Dundalk. I tried getting them to install for someone and they never answered phones, emails etc. When I did get through was told that they were putting in new infrastructure and it would be available in two weeks. Never heard from them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

They are a small outfit allright. I think the total number of workers in the company is 6. Not sure on that.

I suspect that they charge an (now reduced) installation fee of €199 to dampen down demand. I hear they are working flat out, there is so much demand.

Advertisement