Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert german,

Options
  • 05-09-2005 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hey does anyone know if its possible to pick up german as a leaving cert subject, even if you have never done it before??? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Are you in 6th year?If you are it would be impossible to learn all the course work.And think about if you did take it on you would have your Aural in March-ish.Im only basing this if your are in 6th year.4th year onwards would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

even if it is possible I would NOT recommend taking it up now.. Italian I've heard is a nice one to pick up in fourth or fifth year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Nah with languages in particular it would be very hard to pick up quickly.

What year are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

According to the irish times Russian is an easy language to get an A in! try that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

d4gurl wrote:
    According to the irish times Russian is an easy language to get an A in! try that!
    russian??? omg can we do russian for the leaving cert?? i never knew that!!!!

• Advertisement

russian??? omg can we do russian for the leaving cert?? i never knew that!!!!

lol we can even do Arabic!! :eek: :p

Yeah look at the list of them :eek:

Link

jappenes!! :eek: lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i knew bout japanese coz my friend does that! theres only 2 of them in her school doing it and they're best friends! they went to japan for a 3 week exchange over the summer...crazy they are!! did u know that theres THREE different alphabets....

three :eek: and i thought german was hard!!

• Advertisement

haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

Japanese is an awesome(and bloody complicated) language. I wouldn't have liked to do it for the LC though.
    Anyway, you can only do the odd languages like Arabic and Russian if it's your first language or something. Arabic is on at the same time as the Irish exams, you know.

oh really cul!luk at that u certainly do learn something new everyday!!WOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 weluvujoe

well im in 5th year,,,,and i dont have another language,,,and i only have Irish at ordinary level,,,so there goes my chances at university. I tink i mite do it, coz i really need it

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I think if you do arabic you don't have to do irish, since the exam is on at the same time.

Advertisement