Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Ripwave - What is the default local IP range given by the modem?

• 05-09-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

My sister is having some trouble with her Ripwave - so I have a quick question... I think she's having trouble getting a DHCP lease so can I set the IP address manually, and if so then what should I set it to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

well i dont know much about ripwave but if its a DHCP product then u CANT set an IP in ur PC. You'll have to try things like disable ur firewall in case its blockin the ICMP packets or try unplugging the thing for a minute or so. also, try movin around ur house for a better signal and point it towards the R&H mast, as i think i read on here thats the one in cork. dunno where it is now but im sure someone can tell u. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

sorry..no can do...the modem has all the info hardcoded so you cannot make any chagnes...check the signal strenght etc...and reboot the pc..normally happens to me because it's gone down..if it keeps happening ring them back as you could have a faulthy modem..also test you pings to this board now and then..should average the 300 mark...if it's near 1000 get them to increase your priority for you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

OK - thanks... sounds like it could be down then - My sister is in the Stonybatter area in Dublin and only got the broadband set up last night, she knows nothing about computers but it was working last night, but now she isn't getting a DHCP lease. ipconfig shows it to be 0.0.0.0, and ipconfig/renew or disabling/re-enabling the nic makes no difference. She said she was online just very briefly after rebooting the modem but no good after that.

Thanks for the help, sounds like theres not much I can do, will tell her to phone IBB tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Do the usuals as well: full anti-virus, malware & spyware sweep, get your personal firewall installed etc.

Advertisement