Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you join 2005/2006? Socs/Sports

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

If you have a Halo tournament I guarantee I'll be there.
    halo man are ye? well me to. i heard dcu have a halo lan evey so often and its meant to be great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

halo would be deadly, if ya'll come to the boards beers what we'll do is we'll discuss setting up some kind of Video Games Soc, VGSoc or somesuch.

Dont forget Friday 16th September from 12pm onwards in the SU bar.

Wow mid-day drinking. UCD is goin to be deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

^
    lol, ditto! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Anyone join the irish soc, an cumann gaelach or whatever, last year?
    I did but they didnt do anything. At all. As far as i'm aware, or maybe i just missed alot, that can happen.

I plan on joining labour youth, photo soc and also irish lang soc, oh, and philsoc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Last year I joined......

Societies:
    Law - they did have Leslie Nielsen, Brian Kerr and George Hamilton out this year so they did kinda deliever.
    L&H - waste of money
    DramSoc - I didn't go to anything of their's, maybe acting just isn't my cup of tea.
    GeogSoc - Very quiet. Dissapointing
    Formula 1 Soc - Did nothing. Not sure if they've folded.
    RetroSoc - Seemed like a laugh but it's a society you really need to know people already.

Clubs:
    Ultimate Frisbee - Not very serious, good laugh but by November I was really the only newbie going to training. Gave up on it in new year. Stupid mistake!
    Table Tennis - Disapointing. Whenever I turned up for trainig I had about 2 games for 10 minutes in total.

This year:

Societies
    GamesSoc, PatSoc, PhotoSoc

Clubs
    Pool/Snooker, Tennis, Cycling, Mountaineering, might give the football a try again and maybe take up a martial art (not ninjutsu though especially since Blondie will be waving those dangerous knives! :eek:

I still think most of the societies are complete sh!te....... thank god for PatSoc.

I think the pokersoc is the one for me. with no job it seems like my only possible income, if i'm lucky.

^
    Apparantly they give beginners lessons, so I'm gonna give those a look-see! :D

What do PatSoc do?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DaveMcG wrote:
    What do PatSoc do?

You will be strengthened physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and all it will cost you is 20% of your income!

You'd be mad not to join!

WHERE DO I SIGN?! :eek:

• Advertisement

DaveMcG wrote:
    WHERE DO I SIGN?! :eek:

Ever signed anything in blood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

You will be strengthened physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and all it will cost you is 20% of your income!

You'd be mad not to join!

^ Nuff said.

Everyone please join PatSoc!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

halo man are ye? well me to. i heard dcu have a halo lan evey so often and its meant to be great craic.

Yep, never been in a tournament before though. Sounds like fun.

Anyone join the irish soc, an cumann gaelach or whatever, last year?
    I did but they didnt do anything. At all. As far as i'm aware, or maybe i just missed alot, that can happen.

I plan on joining labour youth, photo soc and also irish lang soc, oh, and philsoc.
    Yes, join philsco, all join. To be honest they're good fun, they do tonnes of drinking, they're having a book group this year, not to mention one of their visiting speakers is Noam Chomsky. Lawsoc and L+H can stick that up their asses.

The coffee lunchs are cool too, not to mention that they're some of the soundest people i met last year. the best thing is that they hardly ever talk about philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I command you all to join the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Club. Think judo/wrestling with more emphasis on groundwork and submissions.

If anyone wants to ask anything, just pm me. Also, Colm_OReilley, the coach, is the mod of the self defense/martial arts board; you could ask him too.
    people in BJJ are sound

^^nuff said really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 polar_bear

I would recommend you go with Wrestling, Boxing, Judo, BJJ. Give them all a go and see what you like. Try and get a superleague team going to if you're into soccer. If you played rugby in school and like it no harm playing there too. Don't know anything about socs. except rugby socks.

oh and for girlies, you can do the above too but i've found hockey and fencing to be cool sports too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 polar_bear

Vainglory wrote:
    Eeeesh, I can't believe you included Young Fine Gael and the KBC in the societies list but not Labour Youth :(

And what about the Young PDs? They will be very upset, and by "they" I mean all three of them. ;)

HACK ATTACK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

MNG "I thought you were going to help me out with PatSoc? "

Of course I will! But you've got to get your lazy ass in gear boi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

PatSoc anything to do with Patterson? if not it should be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It is :)

• Advertisement

Who Is Patterson?! ><

Thats something every man in UCD finds out its like a coming of age. Theres only one jacks ive seen hes never been to yet...

DaveMcG wrote:
    Who Is Patterson?! ><

Unfortunately no one can be told who or what Pat Paterson is, you must experience him for yourself.*

*That doesn't mean anything gay by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Unfortunately no one can be told who or what Pat Paterson is, you must experience him for yourself.*

*That doesn't mean anything gay by the way
    Rofl - What else could it possibly mean?! :D :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

I'm going to join:
    the Juggling society
    the Ninjutsu club
    the Shaolin club

I also intend to try out the yoga classes in Hall C of the Sports Center and audition for the fashion show(modeling & dancing...I never dance but what have I got to lose?).

(Probably) Gonna Join:
    Cricket Soc
    DramSoc

That is all. Everyone else can kiss my furry little butt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Pat Paterson

Details about PatSoc will be cumin your way very soon!

sebthebum what have i told you about dramsoc... should be called shamsoc

on the subject of Pat Paterson, its true, he must be experienced. the best word to describe him would be "etherial" he exists at all points of space and time within belfield's hygene facilties... even the not so hygienic ones in the library building beside the SU shop.

Pat is only almost ubiquitous.

And truly he most have left UCD years ago...

Where is he now?

• Advertisement

sebthebum what have i told you about dramsoc... should be called shamsoc

on the subject of Pat Paterson, its true, he must be experienced. the best word to describe him would be "etherial" he exists at all points of space and time within belfield's hygene facilties... even the not so hygienic ones in the library building beside the SU shop.
    #1 I've been here longer than you and have been a member of DramSoc for 2 years, so shut the hell up.
    #2 You spelt "ethereal" wrong.

Have a nice day. :rolleyes:

Advertisement