Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you join 2005/2006? Socs/Sports

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Slippers wrote:
    I'm going to join:
    the Juggling society
    the Ninjutsu club
    the Shaolin club

I also intend to try out the yoga classes in Hall C of the Sports Center and audition for the fashion show(modeling & dancing...I never dance but what have I got to lose?).
    Yay go Ninjutsu! :D I know a few of the juggling crowd as well, they're a sound bunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Is there a sock soc? I have a fetish about socks... mmmmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

SebtheBum wrote:
    #1 I've been here longer than you and have been a member of DramSoc for 2 years, so shut the hell up.
    #2 You spelt "ethereal" wrong.

Have a nice day. :rolleyes:

I know i spelt it wrong, i went to change it but you cant change quickposts, only delete.

im not trying to pick a fight but what have u done with ur 2 year membership? bout as much as i did with my 1 year one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Anyone who is interested in comuters hould investigate NetSoc, the internet society. We give webspace (a nice 2 GB!) and email.

I was informed today that the man resurecting the computer science society will not be able to come back to college, so that will probably just die again.

Kevok (who lurks like a fox, and is probably reading this, g'wan reply you know you want to), is also on the gamesoc committee and wants to organise more LANs. So hopefully there will be more computer based gaming in UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'd certainly be up for a LAN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

LovelyHurling, I likes you!

L&H isn't so bad, and getting involved in debating on the outskirts of the thing can be fun, although the wine they serve is sh!te, as long as you keep your distance. I had fun getting to know some of the people involved.

There's something I want to say about DramSoc, and I think it needs to be said. In DramSoc, you have a few very active members, who spend all their time together and become incredibly close knit. From the outside, it can seem really clique-y, and even though I'm only a tag-along at best, even I see that. The thing about it is though, because they spend so much time together they become like a family, and that scares people. They try to avoid it, but it's pretty inevitable. The only way to get past that is to push yourself forward and get involved. Despite the fact that some people have bad experiences, the auditions are not purely for show - the reason the same people get cast is because the same people go for auditions. I auditioned for two things this year, and got one, and it was the best thing I did all year, pretty much. The fresher's co-op is there to get people involved at the beginning, and people are 100% approachable if you can gather up the guts to join in - which took me a while. Plus, they're always looking for help with production, building sets, painting etc. I think people just need to give it a chance, or else push themselves forward a bit more, if I'm honest.

So, who's for DutchSoc? I can't wait to see what happens this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Oh, and the minimum any society can charge is €2.

hence the reason SVdP has such a comparitively small membership here to Trinity, where it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

boneless wrote:
    Is there a sock soc? I have a fetish about socks... mmmmmmm....
    Everyone who joined elecsoc last year got a pair of elec socks!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

there was a guy in ucd last year, he only lasted like 3 weeks, who was gonna start a SockSoc, he even had a band called "Socks Are Sexy"....

well he was from mayo... they dont have much of a nitelife... (J/K)

Advertisement