Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers, Meet the Freshers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I might pop in, maybe, if i'm not too scared! it'd be nice to put a few faces to the names though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

beanyb wrote:
    I might pop in, maybe, if i'm not too scared! it'd be nice to put a few faces to the names though!

Ah do come! Despite my angry nature on this forum unbelievably I don't bite and neither does anyone else so come come come come!

Ok who is actually going to be brave enough to confirm attendance for Friday? I'll put up my hand anyway so that will mean most people won't go now....... meh.... bah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

*Raises hand*
    Well, I never turn down a chance to attend Boardsie meetings, (they really are a lot of fun), and the fact that Zane will be attending strengthens my resolve to drop by, timetable permitting (or not).

After all, I love seeing Zane get totally wasted!
    Drink up Zane, drink up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I will definitely be in the bar at 2, although knowing me I'll probably chicken out of approaching anyone and will probably leave after a few mins :rolleyes:
    but I'll try not too :)

Well, ghostchant, have you seen the pics of myself and HappyCrackHead that I posted? Cos if you have it probably won't be too difficult to spot us, I'll make sure we're pretty near the entrance or somethin.

• Advertisement

Ah don't worry about not finding us as Blondie will have her traditionally artistic ''Boards Beers'' sign with her!

SebtheBum wrote:
    Well, ghostchant, have you seen the pics of myself and HappyCrackHead that I posted? Cos if you have it probably won't be too difficult to spot us, I'll make sure we're pretty near the entrance or somethin.

Yeah Seb's the guy with the shiny long flowing hair....... David Ginola eat your heart out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Ok cool i'll be there :D

Ah don't worry about not finding us as Blondie will have her traditionally artistic ''Boards Beers'' sign with her!
    I'm afraid blondie won't be coming.

I don't quite know how to break this to you... *tries not to cry*
    But... blondie graduated, man.

I know, I know, it's hard to take. But ya just gotta... let her go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

NOOOOOOOOOO! I never got to meet her!

And I bought new shoes and everything! (Ok, so maybe that was because my od ones were destroyed... but I really did it because I care* so much about all of you)

*may not strictly be true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

i'll be there in between a lecture or two

....slash/ed has also said he'll go..probably

btw zane = "banjo" bill sizlak :D:D

Actually blondie83 might be along, but much later, around 6pm or so.
    So the "boards beers" sign will probably not be making an appearance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Hooray! Turns out I'll be free between 12 and 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

When'll I be there?
    Got a lectuer at 3, so the earlier the better most likely.

Seb, what's your timetable like in the morning-ish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I have lectures from 12 to 3 so I probably won't be there, which is kind of a blessing cos you people scare me!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

... so I probably won't be there, which is kind of a blessing cos you people scare me!!!!
    Was it when Seb crept into your room that night or when Zane jumped out at you in that laneway that did it for you?

......em yeah all of that and you have that effect on me too.
    Too many peolpe saying too much random things.
    There's no order, there's no friggin order!!!!
    Relax Ruskie!!!!! Your in your comfort zone now!!!
    ( why am i talking to myself in the third person, oh god i'm a skitso! )

Sorry bout that!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

......em yeah all of that and you have that effect on me too.
    Too many peolpe saying too much random things.
    There's no order, there's no friggin order!!!!
    Relax Ruskie!!!!! Your in your comfort zone now!!!
    ( why am i talking to myself in the third person, oh god i'm a skitso! )

Sorry bout that!

Calm down. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Hello everyone,

Im solidly pissed. Ive been in the bar since last wednesday. It ****in rocks this year. Lots of riots. And do you know what the funny thing is!!?? Its not the freshers startin them!! Tonight i was at the Stone roses experience and it was one of the best gigs i was ever at. All of the barmen had to hold people back form the stage in the SU bar, Anywho back to the point. This year seems to have such a good buz about it. I think its cause everyone i know is now in there last year be it 4th or doin masters and i think they now realise this is their last year to go mad. I love it. Im just home from the first ents gig. Spirit had rattle and hum, a U2 tribute band. They were excellent, only bad thing was that the gig was a big sausage fest. No chicks anywhere. Had to turn the carisma to overdrive. I got bared from the forum 2. It sucks anyway. What was this thread about again? Beer or somethin, Yeah sounds deadly, Im sorry for ramblin, i hope it makes sence, ive drank 14 vodaka splash's 8 pints and 6 bottles of cheap garbage thats makin this post turn into drivle. GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Im solidly pissed. Ive been in the bar since last wednesday. It ****in rocks this year. Lots of riots. And do you know what the funny thing is!!?? Its not the freshers startin them!! Tonight i was at the Stone roses experience and it was one of the best gigs i was ever at. All of the barmen had to hold people back form the stage in the SU bar, Anywho back to the point. This year seems to have such a good buz about it. I think its cause everyone i know is now in there last year be it 4th or doin masters and i think they now realise this is their last year to go mad. I love it. Im just home from the first ents gig. Spirit had rattle and hum, a U2 tribute band. They were excellent, only bad thing was that the gig was a big sausage fest. No chicks anywhere. Had to turn the carisma to overdrive. I got bared from the forum 2. It sucks anyway. What was this thread about again? Beer or somethin, Yeah sounds deadly, Im sorry for ramblin, i hope it makes sence, ive drank 14 vodaka splash's 8 pints and 6 bottles of cheap garbage thats makin this post turn into drivle. GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!

lmao :D

• Advertisement

Calm down. :eek:

This is the pic you should have used MNG....here

BTW Mr.Nice Guy is on compulsary attendance for the beers this time. No excuses or else...................... !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

tribulus wrote:
    i'll be there in between a lecture or two

....slash/ed has also said he'll go..probably

btw zane = "banjo" bill sizlak :D:D

Yeah sure if Banjos going I'll be there

What time does this shindig start at anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Haha pizz0ar first drunken posting on boards!my moneys on either kittenkiller or zane to do drunken posting after the boards meet up tommorrow!Of course im far to mature to do something like that! :D Finish at 1 tommorow in terrace so will cycle in and be there at round half2-3ish!someone should bring a sign so we can see you-a discrete sorta sign so we dont look like real computer nerds?how about putting an orange on the table or soomething and then when people see the orange they'll know what table ye are at?

But we'd get bored and eat it.
    And then nobody would know where we are!
    AND THEN CHAOS WOULD REIGN!!!!!

Ahem. Look, I posted a pic of myself on this thread already, so just come along people.

I'll buy ya all a pint*

*Note: This promise will not be honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

are we gonna erect some manner of boardsbeers sign?

are we gonna erect some manner of boardsbeers sign?
    heh, heh, you said "erect", heheheh...

Anyway, if you wanna bring a sign, go right ahead. This was all your idea anyway, and you're gonna be the first one there, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

or maybe just tell us in what general area in the bar you'll be sitting for us boards beers virgins!

How many will be there? I might have a look see to check what the craic is like.
    I'll only have an hour free at 1 so I don't want to go if nobody is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

if i do make it down tomorrow, i make a nice crafty sign (someone bring an A4 pad!), ill be there early, after 1 or so if i make it down. what time is everyone else going to be there at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I can only come down between 12 and 1 :(

Advertisement