Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do I transfer money into a German Bank a/c?

Options
  • 05-09-2005 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

bank is : Sparkasse Lüneburg

I have been givin an IBAN number and a BIC code. (and sort code).

What is the cheapest way of going about this?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

I use Ulster Bank, you have to fill in a form with the details you have, if you want it to be there straight away it costs about €25, if you can allow the transfer to take a day or two the charge is 51 cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭replytohere2004

Lyre61 wrote:
    I use Ulster Bank, you have to fill in a form with the details you have, if you want it to be there straight away it costs about €25, if you can allow the transfer to take a day or two the charge is 51 cent.

thanks for that Lyre61,

I'm with permanent tsb + first active; hope they something similar.

Would I have to be a Ulster Bank customer to use their service?
    51cents! can't go wrong with that!

thanks

I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

thanks for that Lyre61,
    I'm with permanent tsb + first active; hope they something similar.
    Would I have to be a Ulster Bank customer to use their service?
    51cents! can't go wrong with that!
    thanks I
    Just bear this in mind
    http://europa.eu.int/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=MEMO/03/140&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en
    How will things change after 1 July 2003?

Regulation 2560/2001/EC on cross-border payments in euros established as from 1 July 2003 the principle of equal charges for a cross-border transaction and a strictly domestic transaction within the European Union. When a payment is made in euros between two euro accounts, there is no reason why charges should be different if a payment crosses a border. In today's euro area, geographical borders are no longer monetary borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

If it's an individual, a Paypal transaction.

If it's a business, Western Union. Swift would be my second-choice - all banks in this country can use the Swift system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

2 day value payments up to €12,700 with BIC and IBAN shouldn't cost more than 51c across the board.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

When I was paying an eBay seller in Germany, all I had to do was rign 24-hour Banking (I'm with AIB) and gave them the IBAN and BIC etc, cost 50c or thereabouts for the transaction, and it took a few days to get to the recipient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

byte wrote:
    When I was paying an eBay seller in Germany, all I had to do was rign 24-hour Banking (I'm with AIB) and gave them the IBAN and BIC etc, cost 50c or thereabouts for the transaction, and it took a few days to get to the recipient.

it costs 75 cents

Advertisement