Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street fighter players look here.

Options
  • 05-09-2005 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

Id say some of you may have seen this. i may have even gotten it from here ages ago but this file has been on my pc for about a year and i never really understood the greatness of it until i started playing third strike.

http://rapidshare.de/files/863681/final_street_fighter.mpg.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*the sound of my jaw hitting the floor*
    I'd heard of this match, but HOLY ****!!! THIS is why I'm never going to America -- I'd be slaughtered :eek: by the hardcore over there!!

I mean:
    1. Daigo was 1 hit away from death.
    2. He blocked every hit from a Super!! :eek:
    3. He rapidly countered & buffered in his own Super!!! :eek: :eek:

He must be a cyborg or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Thats awesome, I thought I was good ay Street Fighter

Great Video

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    *the sound of my jaw hitting the floor*
    I'd heard of this match, but HOLY ****!!! THIS is why I'm never going to America -- I'd be slaughtered :eek: by the hardcore over there!!

I mean:
    1. Daigo was 1 hit away from death.
    2. He blocked every hit from a Super!! :eek:
    3. He rapidly countered & buffered in his own Super!!! :eek: :eek:

He must be a cyborg or something...

there is a difference between blocking(cause he'd be dead if he did) and parrying and to parry a super attack is impossible to us mere mortals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Super... good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 The Truth!

Holy moley i hope i never have to come up against someone like that, i'm ok but jesus i don't think i'd be able to get a shot in against that guy by the way he played. Is there anyone that good in Ireland? I hope not or im never entering a tourny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Woah! I had to watch that 4 times it was so excellent. The crowd reaction was like in a boxing match or something. That was truely mighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thats amazing :).

Is Daigo the fat guy or the afro one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

You know you've hit rock bottom when you're the guy behind the camera, with the acne and semi broken voice screaming "ITS UNADULTERATED MADNESS, ITS MADNESSS!11"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Can you get a PAL copy of third strike or is it Japan only?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Love that video :D I think I need a lot more practice and a better joypad than the dodgy xbox one.
    Can you get a PAL copy of third strike or is it Japan only?

You can get it on Dreamcast. Also the SF anniversary collections on PS2 and Xbox have 3rd strike.
    Anima wrote:
    Is Daigo the fat guy or the afro one?

Watch both of their reactions and it's obvious. Daigo is the one who keeps his cool the whole time the other starts going mental with the joystick when it all goes pear shaped. It's the secret of a good SF2 player. I've beat people by letting them beat me to an inch of my health and beat them because they lost their concentration.

• Advertisement

i thuoght only the xbox version of the anniversary collection has third strike. the ps2 pal version doesnt but the american one does or somethin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i thuoght only the xbox version of the anniversary collection has third strike. the ps2 pal version doesnt but the american one does or somethin.

You're right. My mistake. Only the american version of the PS2 SF anniversary collection has third strike.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    there is a difference between blocking(cause he'd be dead if he did) and parrying and to parry a super attack is impossible to us mere mortals.

Sorry, right.
    If he'd merely blocked the attacks, he still would have taken block-damage/his block gauge would have gone down.
    I'm a casual Alpha 3 player, so correct me if I'm wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

any one upload this to a non-rapidshare site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Only the american version of the PS2 SF anniversary collection has third strike.

which is ****ty for non american PS2 owners

*Cough*modchip*cough*
    *cough*hard drive action replay exploit*cough*

Retr0gamer wrote:
    *Cough*modchip*cough*
    *cough*hard drive action replay exploit*cough*
    Why can't there be a simple thing like the GC Freeloader :(

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Sorry, right.
    If he'd merely blocked the attacks, he still would have taken block-damage/his block gauge would have gone down.
    I'm a casual Alpha 3 player, so correct me if I'm wrong. :)

he would take block damage but as he has literally no energy he would have died on the first hit. there is no block gauge in third strike. i think the other gauge is for how quickly you hit someone. it fills up and they get stunned if you perform a few moves in succession.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Holy moly!

I used to consider myself quite decent at it, but christ!
    Nice viewing, something to but the big heads in check ;)

Any more of those kind of files going around?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

That was actually only the semi finals of the tournament, he lost in the finals if memory serves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's ****ing amazing :eek:

I know some lads that think they're handy at street fighter, must give them the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i posted this b4.
    its not block, its parry.

i play that video on my psp ;)

that must be where i got the file from originally so.

i can hardly parry two attacks in succession let alone twelve or so.

Advertisement