Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: The Numbers and Episode Lengths [spoilers for UK]

• 05-09-2005 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I just thought of something concerning the numbers. The last number is 42, which is the average length of an episode of Lost minus the ads. Could one or more of the episodes be designed in such a way to have something pivotal happen at 4, 8, 15, 16 and 23 minutes? I can't really see them do it for every episode but maybe they did it for the pilot or the Numbers ep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Thats cool. I never thought of that. If i had the time i'd check all the episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Every single typical one-hour show is 42 minutes (without ads)..

.. nice little theory but ultimately flawed!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The number 42 does not need to have any other significance to anything in the show as its the most important number anyway being the ultimate answer to everything.

Are there any other references to other 'real world' things that the writers are obviously fans of that I've missed though, other than the paper company in Slough and 42?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

robinph wrote:
    The number 42 does not need to have any other significance to anything in the show as its the most important number anyway being the ultimate answer to everything.
    A purposeful Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference?

The number is revealed as something significant in the final episodes though.

Advertisement