Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veins!

• 05-09-2005 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I know this isn't a medical forum...

I recently noticed that some veins at the backs of my knees seem to be more obvious than they were before. I dunno if they're varicose veins or not. They dont protude, or hurt or anything. But aesthetically, they're bothering me - has anyone else had such things?!?! I'm 22, and spend most of my working day on my feet, which probably hasn't helped. I read that applying witch hazel can help reduce their visibility....anyone try this?!?? Am I getting old before my time?! :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Go to your doctor :) No one will have any clue about this here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

dublindude wrote:
    Go to your doctor :) No one will have any clue about this here.

Agreed. But are they veins or just small blood vessels? I have the vessels on my quads on one leg, hamstring on the other and both my ankles, no cause for concern for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

My hubby has quite bad veins on his ankles and the side of his knees. Doc says they are varicose (they run in families), but nothing can or should be done about them until they begin to hurt. Only solution is to strip them, and this is of no benefit unless theety are causing pain.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DArcy wrote:
    I dunno if they're varicose veins or not.

we don't know either
    I suggest you go to your GP and ask him
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement