Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

osCommerce design

Options
  • 06-09-2005 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

dear experts

this is my first time working with osCommerce, i'm not a web designer yet received a task from a family member to help me. proposed site at the moment :

http://nadashop.beserah.com

do you think it is possible to make the site look and work like this:

http://nadashop.beserah.com/html

:D

i wanted to be original but... i can't design!

currently, i'm using Simple Template System.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

anything's possible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

yes as long as you are willing to put in a lot of time and effort changing around the various components and template that osCommerce uses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

hi again

due to limited hours, creativity, knowledge of html/php and sense of a webmaster, this is how my above site looks like for the moment :

http://nadashop.com

more tweaks to do especially the design, layout, buttons and graphic.
    this is so time consuming, no wonder i become an accountant ie. just punch the calculator! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Better :)
    Change the hyperlink style immediately - colour especially (Reason: far too difficult to read)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Not looking right in Firefox 1.0.7 on KDE Linux

see here

goodshape

the paragraph in the header broke the page layout, i took it out... not sure how to fix this ie. how to get the header expands for longer texts...the original template used so many table colspan and rowspan... i minimally modified the page..

karoma

i use CSS for the page, so the main contents use the same hyperlink style as the footer, tried to get them work separately but didn't work... i'm still trying to find how to define several hyperlink styles in one page/css... maybe it's sthing to do with STS, the template hack that i use for osCommerce...

anyway thanks for highlighting the issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Goodshape wrote:
    Not looking right in Firefox 1.0.7 on KDE Linux

see here
    Looks fine on firefox 1.0.3 Mac X

Nice design btw.

site owner is applying for merchant account with bank.

i get bored waiting.

now this is how the site look like at the moment.

as usual, free template tweaked and integrated into osCommerce. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

I was two thirds of the way setting up my shop online but I watched BBC documentary recently about all the extortion and ransom demands being made against online retailers and I said fu** it and decided not to go ahead with it, 1 case of somebody trying to blackmail me would put me bust! Check things out thoroughly first, seemingly all the big online shopping sites are trying to keep this under cover..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I think you'll find that the press may have exagerrated a little.

Advertisement