Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XP issues with NIC chipset

• 06-09-2005 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of issues between XP and Davicom NIC chipsets?

I installed a 10/100 card into a XP PC. On boot up, the POST gave me an error about a conflict with the PCI slot resources.

In device manager, there was a yellow exclamation mark beside the device. I disabled, uninstalled several times, but to no avail.

Xp is running SP2.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Have you tried another PCI slot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Unfortunately, the PC only has one PCI slot. Its a Fujitsu Siemens case...one of the slim stand up on it's end jobs.

The PCI slot is on a riser card at a 90degree angle to the motherboard. I suppose I could try it in another XP machine, just haven't got round to doing it.

Advertisement