Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evening Heralds Keane Story

• 06-09-2005 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Anyone else think the evening herald has hit a new low with their "exclusive" story of Keane and Kerrs supposed row? Saipan 2 they are calling it. Apparently the unamed source says "Im not sure how roy reacted to the news of the late night drinking"

Then how the f*ck could he have had an argument with kerr about it?

In the week of our biggest game for 3 years and all this gutter rag can do is try and raise hostilities in the camp. Sickening! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

I sometimes think the Evening Herald escapes being associated with the low-life scum tabloids because it is an evening paper, but it is time that people woke up to see it for what it is - tabloid, lazy journalism. There is no other Irish paper that has such a reputation for printing mistruths, rumour and gossip.

They also have a consistent anti-Keane and anti-Dunphy agenda - they'll print anything to put them down.

It reminds me of a ploy the boys over at p45rant.com pulled off a couple of years back (about a fictitions character who was planning to set up a Tourist Bus service that would take people to the sites of Dublins most brutal murder sites). P45rant sketched out a fake story by discussion board, sent off a few press releases, invented a shady character to front it and hey presto they got front page (yes, front page) of the Herald.

A completely fake, untrue and totally unconfirmed story concocted online is printed as fact by the Herald. Much like yesterday, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

isnt it about time we bycotted this scúmmy rag. We dont need this kind of anglo saxon media in our country.

Speaking of media, how come we dont have a Corrella della sport like they have in italia covering all sport in depth professionally???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

jubbly wrote:
    Speaking of media, how come we dont have a Corrella della sport like they have in italia covering all sport in depth professionally???
    Wouldn't say there's the demand for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

jubbly wrote:
    isnt it about time we bycotted this scúmmy rag

Already boycotted the rag after they had pictures of Marc Vivan Foe dead on the pitch on their front page. Apparantly Kerr wasn't scheduled to attend yesterdays press conference but wanted to nip the spurious story in the bud. Fcuking Herald is no better than rags like the Star or Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

The Evening Herald is a rag, always has been.

My grandfather boycotted it 40 years ago after they printed the name of a guy who was up for drink-driving on the front page.

They dont give a ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Yep have to agree a load of bo***x from the Herald again. I was suprised it was not Paul Hyland stirring the pot he is always at it.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Wouldn't say there's the demand for it.

If it covered all sport like GAA, hurling, Soccer, Rugby, Tennis, Rowing, Basketball, the list is endless. It would be pretty cheap to produce plus would blow all those scúm papers like the Scum, Herald, Star etc out of the water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

wasnt there a Sunday paper with just all sport? cant remember the name now.
    I remember getting it a few years ago... think it only lasted a few weeks though.

Ireland on Sunday.(The Title)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Already boycotted the rag after they had pictures of Marc Vivan Foe dead on the pitch on their front page. Apparantly Kerr wasn't scheduled to attend yesterdays press conference but wanted to nip the spurious story in the bud. Fcuking Herald is no better than rags like the Star or Sun.

In fairness to the star its nowhere near as bad as the herald. The Star has done its best to distance itself from downmarket british tabloids. IMO - the herald is probably worse than the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

When you start making up stuff like that AND get away with it, it's shocking.
    Surely the FAI should sue them for this, just to make a point!
    Just to sell a few more papers on the side of the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

RedorDead wrote:
    In the week of our biggest game for 3 years and all this gutter rag can do is try and raise hostilities in the camp. Sickening! :mad:
    Agreed, it is sickening. Those rags would sell their grandmothers down a river to sell a few extra papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Evening Herald is an absolute joke. I'm always surprised that their readers (and I use the term "readers" very loosely, it has more pictures in it nowadays and it's held together with staples. That's a magazine FFS!!) can actually leave their houses to buy the rag in the first, what with all those foreigners, joyriders, criminals and unmarried mothers that according to the Herald are just waiting to mug or rape you! :rolleyes:

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Their circulations figures are falling like a stone, no wonder.

http://www.medialive.ie/Press/National/review.html

I'd love to get an e-mail address in their 'sports' department or whoever wrote the storu and bombard him and cc the editor with complaints, and advise them of boycott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Sure they are forever giving the paper away for free to make the figures look better then they already are. Its one paper I wouldn't even allow my dog to use to wipe his feet on :D

Culchie wrote:
    I'd love to get an e-mail address in their 'sports' department or whoever wrote the storu and bombard him and cc the editor with complaints, and advise them of boycott.
    herald.sport@unison.independent.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

whiskeyman wrote:
    wasnt there a Sunday paper with just all sport? cant remember the name now.
    I remember getting it a few years ago... think it only lasted a few weeks though.

The sunday sport? :)

They do a daily version aswell.

Stekelly wrote:
    The sunday sport? :)

They do a daily version aswell.

It was called "The Title" and then turned into the Ireland on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Anyone have a link to Kerr's response?

• Advertisement

The players bycot of the media will send out a strong message to the rag tabloid media that if they continue with this gutter scúmmy english reporting they will be hurt for it. We have quite enough anglo saxon culture in this country without importing the very worst of it.

Advertisement