Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex with House Mate

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Norinoco wrote:
    It was only 4 days after we broke up, that they were together.
    Well, there's wee clue. AFTER you broke up.

So what should he have done? Hacked off his genitals, sworn himself to a life of celibacy and built a shrine to you in his bedroom?

Life trundles on. It didn't work out. It's move on time for both of you.

But if I were you I wouldn't holiday with both parties as obviously the pain is fresh enough. I'd make a clean break from all parties concerned, learn the lessons, and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

A year travelling really benefits people who have lost some direction career wise, or otherwise . . .if you have a good job which you like, and you're happy enough in general (apart from current issues), think very carefully about giving it up to go away for a year. Maybe a holiday is enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

the_syco wrote:
    Don't leave it because of him/her. You may regret it in time to come.

If i leave it certinally wont be because of him - it will be because I want to go.

[EDIT] Ann, the job is good but im not sure it is for me really. If I come back it shouldnt be too hard getting another job.
    Im only 24, starting my career can hold on for another year. [/EDIT]
    So what should he have done? Hacked off his genitals, sworn himself to a life of celibacy and built a shrine to you in his bedroom?

No. I expected him to respect me and not be with a friend/girl I live with.
    I would be no where near as disappointed if it was a stranger.
    This has not just effect the us, the tension in the house is huge - and it is upsetting the other girls i live with also.

Its amazing how this whole situation has changed things:

I am leaving Ireland on the 30th of October on my own to Thailand.
    Meeting up with my friends and going on the Sydney for a year (flights booked)

The girl I live with is moving out of the house - the other 2 dont want to live with her anymore.

From lunch time today I am cutting contact with the ex.

Found out last night that they were messing about when I was going out with him, so the decision to break up with him was the right one in the end.

Its amazing what can happen in the space of 4 days!!!!!!! :p

Thanks for everyones advice - it has really helped my make my decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

So it turns out that he is a B*****rd.

All my previous posts assumed that he wasn't.
    Had you know on you first post my advice would have been different.

You seam to know more about him know and have a different view of him now.

Hope you have a great time in Thiland and Oz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

best of luck, enjoy thailand, tis a great place :D .

Norinoco wrote:

The girl I live with is moving out of the house - the other 2 dont want to live with her anymore.

Found out last night that they were messing about when I was going out with him, so the decision to break up with him was the right one in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭dramaqueen

It's probably a relief that it's all decided.
    Have a brilliant trip and, it may be a cliché, but there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Thanks - really looking forward to heading now.

Just handed my notice in so the ball is in motion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

I was way off the mark.

Enjoy the hols

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

You got to the bottom of it...good woman...closure.

It will still hit you at some point in the future but you know now that you made the right decision without even knowing the full extent of the problem!

Enjoy your trip, I know you will though...thailand and oz are amazing my best friend is there at the moment. Bring warm clothes though he says its freezing!

Best of luck in the future ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Norinoco wrote:

Well that puts a new light on things.

Advertisement