Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Microsoft Security Updates

• 06-09-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

HI all, I'm compiling a list of security updates up as far as
    MS05-043 and will keep it up to date in future but I'm only really looking for updates since:

WIN NT SP6A
    WIN 2K SP4
    WIN XP SP2

so does anyone know when the post - latest service pack updates start, eg.
    if the first update after win2k sp4 is something like MS04-022 or something like that. I just thought maybe some of u admins out there has a decent list.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Easiest way to get the full list is to use the Windows Update Catalog and get the numbers against the version you are looking for. It will show security and all other updates as well. Can be accessed from the Windows Update Site using the either the Administrators link or the Windows Catalog link or even this link http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Thanks, I'll have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brendan552004

Just a little question, are security updates safe, are they reading your hard disk and sending back confidential information?

Well if you download them through the windows catalog and install them offline they dont send anything. The Windows Update tool just checks against an XML list for installs for your machine versus installs on your machine and then gives you the difference. Thats about it really.

The new V6 has a Windows Advantage thing in it, which checks your Winidows Auth key (?)

Ok I took a look at the Catalog and it only gives updates for my system here at work (Windows 2000 SP4) - so it probably only gives ones I haven't already installed. I need a comprehensive list of updates for NT,2K AND XP post their latest service packs. All I really need is an MS05-035 type number for the first update after XP SP2 etc. etc. - I can find through a process of elimination but if somebody has a decent list, I'd like it. Thanks.

Oh and when I am finished my comprehensive list I'll put it on my website and link to it for you all.

• Advertisement

I tell a lie, it's working for me now for all Operating Systems. Weird - it was showing me nothing for a while and then the list of updates just appeared.

davil wrote:
    I tell a lie, it's working for me now for all Operating Systems. Weird - it was showing me nothing for a while and then the list of updates just appeared.

More than likely the data binding control taking a second to initialise. You should be able to get your full list of updates for a particular OS at a certain SP level etc ... you should have seen Windows 2000 RTM thru to SP4 options

It was taking more than a second. It worked the once but only the once. I must reinstall IE when I get a chance and try again. Something Simple I reckon

Advertisement