Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Travelling through Dublin City

Options
  • 06-09-2005 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I need to get from North side (M1) to Baggot St (Bak of Ireland) on Wednesday evening. The night of the match. Can have advise an alternative route bar the one am about to provide.

M1 - Drumcondra - Gardner St - across the lifey at Customs House - left after bridge along the quay - right which takes you down a road where you pass pearse train station - carry on towards baggot st passing Governement Buidlings and Merron Sq Left onto Baggot st and there i am is am normal route.

Yesterday evening Tuesday 05/09/2005 50 mins from South Monaghan to Gardner St - 25 mins at the custom house, a pure stand still so if that happens again is there any other way around.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I think your route might take you too close to Landsdowne Road.

How about this:

O'Connell Street Bridge>D'Olier Street>Grafton Street>Nassau Street>Kildare Street to the Green and then to Baggot Street. It won't be traffic free, but you won't go any closer to the match than you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I use to do that route and to be honest its always busier that way thats why i head to the east side. Once i cross the lifey and head down by the quays where all that buidling is going up its traffic free.

But heading towards Trinity and around that way can be hassle as well.

But thanks for the recommend ill check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

kluivert wrote:
    I need to get from North side (M1) to Baggot St (Bak of Ireland) on Wednesday evening. The night of the match. Can have advise an alternative route bar the one am about to provide.

M1 - Drumcondra - Gardner St - across the lifey at Customs House - left after bridge along the quay - right which takes you down a road where you pass pearse train station - carry on towards baggot st passing Governement Buidlings and Merron Sq Left onto Baggot st and there i am is am normal route.

Yesterday evening Tuesday 05/09/2005 50 mins from South Monaghan to Gardner St - 25 mins at the custom house, a pure stand still so if that happens again is there any other way around.

Thanks for any advice.

Look you'll not be able to make it, the traffic will be too bad and you'll miss the match, better off giving me the ticket :P

Anyhow, try this, it's the fastest route.

M1....
    Left at Whitehall Church down Collins Avenue,
    Next right down Grace Park,
    At bottom of the Grace Park Road take a left down Richmond Road,
    At the end of Richmond Road take a right down the Ballbough Raod onto Summerhill Parade
    Take the next left down onto Portland Road and contine across Amines Street onto Seville place.
    Take the first right on seville place to bring you across sheriff street and into the IFSC,
    Continue across commons street on teh IFSC and take the next right to brign you onto the quays.
    Take a left over the custom house bridge and follow the City quay around onto Lombard Street.
    On Lombard Street take a left onto Sandwith street, go up to the top of this road cutting across Pearse street adn at the top take a right which at the end of the raod will take you to the Grand Canal.

Sadly am not going to the match am going to college in the evenings professional accounting courses. Up and down to Dublin four times a week from Monaghan 600+ miles a week. Might not seem alot for some people, but i normally do 290-300 a wk.

Hey has anyone got any tips for stopping your leg from going num and sore when motorway driving. Last night travelling home at half ten i had to use my left foot on the accelrator. Cruise Control would have been a nice option lol...

I was looking at that route as well, the problem i had yesterday was at the customs house bridge. Normally its ok, 25 mins of a stand still yesterday was a bit mad, there must have been an accident or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

What about driving to clontarf, parking the car and geting the dart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nuttzz wrote:
    What about driving to clontarf, parking the car and geting the dart?

Was gonna suggest same, or park (free) around North Strand and walk (20 minutes)

I get my parking free anyway lads even if Jurys Hotel in Ballsbridge i always seem to get the lads to stamp the ticket for me.

As for the train, really thats more money id be forking out. I could get the train from Dundalk to Pearse st but would cost a fortune as well.

I was just fishing for ideas thanks lads

Advertisement