Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Hot Spots

• 06-09-2005 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭

I THINK I figured that some of the Eircom public telephones in my area are also WiFi Hotspots.

Now I live within distance to one of these hotspots and can access it and browse the web. Are these free for public use and if so I might cancel my BB and just use that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

no its not free.... if you already have eircom bb then its about 10 extra a month.. without it.. im not sure. but its 3 for 1/2 hour, 5 for 1 hour 15 for 24 hours etc etc.... not sure about the monthly bill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I must be logging onto a neighbours unsecured network then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

that'll solve the esat issue then.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

Not a strong signal and i don't know if it will disappear next week but it is a possibility :D:D:D ..

What I might do is as i get close to my download cap just start using the WiFi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I recently just got a wifi card for my laptop and came accross a neighbours eircom network but unfortunatly it's encrypted. *cough* Airsnort *cough*. Well... the rents aint letting me get broadband in (had to move to a different rent) so.. ahh hell why not? If the Garda come knocking (yeah... right) I'll just say it was the cat, then run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

Airsnarf is a simple rogue wireless access point setup utility designed to demonstrate how a rogue AP can steal usernames and passwords from public wireless hotspots. Airsnarf was developed and released to demonstrate an inherent vulnerability of public 802.11b hotspots--snarfing usernames and passwords by confusing users with DNS and HTTP redirects from a competing AP.

get it from
    http://airsnarf.shmoo.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

wi-fi enabled eircom payphones used to be free to use, is it possible the one board is connecting to hasn't been updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

i doubt it.. yer better off just downloading wardriver and scanning yer area..

Advertisement