Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Young - Prairie Wind

• 06-09-2005 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Been giving this a few listens over the last 5 days or so. Its really grown on me very quickly. I'd call it somewhere between Harvest Moon and Silver and Gold. I think the stand out track for me so far is This Old Guitar, which refers to a guitar he owns, which originally belonged to Hank Williams.

Even the song When God Made Me - which I saw him perform at Live8 in Canada - which I hated - has grown on me somewhat on the album. Its not the Let's Roll type disaster I thought it might have been.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Is it out already or is it leaked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

oh very leaked.

On a college computer with no sound card so I can't be tempted. Any idea of a release date?

september 21st AFAIK

Grand, I can wait until then. I've a serious backlog of music I need to listen to at the moment without downloading on top of that. It's a hard knock life :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea leaked a couple of weeks back. Initial reactions from most fans (I'm not one) said it was "pretty damn good".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I think the stand out track for me so far is This Old Guitar, which refers to a guitar he owns, which originally belonged to Hank Williams.

is that by any chance the heavy black acoustic that gets mentioned a lotin the 'shakey' book?

is that by any chance the heavy black acoustic that gets mentioned a lotin the 'shakey' book?
    not sure - I assume you're not confusing it with "old black", his well known electric guitar (been a long time since I read Shakey).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    not sure - I assume you're not confusing it with "old black", his well known electric guitar (been a long time since I read Shakey).

ah..I am indeed confusing it with old black...... :D looks like I need to read 'Shakey' again!

Advertisement