Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband prices for new customers!!

• 06-09-2005 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just noticed today on the eircom website that there is a new price for broadband, 10euro cheaper a month than the price I have been paying for the last year. Now that I have finished my yearly contract you have to enter into I called to ask if we would be getting charged the new price. But I was told this is only for new customers!!

Just thought I'd bring it to the "loyal" customers attention that even if you have been with them for a year now, the new customers are paying less for the same service!!

Anybody else know anything about this?

bnev

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

yes

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf

started 7th august because they were not shifting enough yellowpack 20 hour units

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Sponge Bob wrote:
    yes

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf

started 7th august because they were not shifting enough yellowpack 20 hour units
    Am I reading that right, you can get a new phone line put in for nothing, and also remove a phone line for nothing??? (but of course have to pay appropriate rental to €ircom) ... could be a good way of getting a working DSL line, and then getting the crap phone line disconnected - or more likely getting your existing crap phoneline split into two even crappier phone lines that wont even do 28.8k with a modem....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I'm one of those new customers :p

Ah imo though, they should have offered you the new price..i wouldn't go back knowing that i'm paying €10 more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

This post has been deleted.

Believe me stay with NTL, they are the best. I would get NTL but my "house hasn't got a strong enough line".... :rolleyes:

I can't really complain about Eircom, this is my first BB connection and i'm happy to date. It's never went down or been terribly slow in the few weeks that i now have it. I get 912k d/l and 120k u/l on irishisptest.com. I'm home starter btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

gazza22 wrote:
    I'm one of those new customers :p

Ah imo though, they should have offered you the new price..i wouldn't go back knowing that i'm paying €10 more

I think eircom are playing right into BT BB's hands!

Old customers coming out of their 12 month contract will probable start moving to BT very quickly after they realise that eircom will not drop their prices but that BT dropped their prices for everyone and not just new customers.

True, BT dont have the manpower to migrate customers from other ISP's to their own quickly enough yet, but most people dont realise this!

Whoever thought up the idea of keeping prices for existing eircom BB customers static is one dumb assh*le with only short term profits in mind!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bt will connect you if you are not already a DSL user, if you migrate (Bitstream Port Transfer) they may not so ya gotta disconnect DSL for a few week, free up port, wait for retest and yadda yadda the BT offer is over end Sept IIRC .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Bt will connect you if you are not already a DSL user, if you migrate (Bitstream Port Transfer) they may not so ya gotta disconnect DSL for a few week, free up port, wait for retest and yadda yadda the BT offer is over end Sept IIRC .

Their €15 for 4 months and normal price after offer that is as their current prices of €30 and €40 for bare 1/2Mbit Broadband are here to stay.

I though there was a form you could sign for BT to take over the migration for you?
    No disconnection/retesting or any other sillyness???
    Yes for Smart but not another eircom bitstream supplier.

Advertisement