Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mods please help (email validation unsent?)

Options
  • 05-09-2005 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok this should not be on this board but it seems to be the only one a guest can post on.
    i've been reading boards for a few weeks and tried to register today using name Justice for all. It said a confirmation would be sent to my e mail address which is santorosurprise@yahoo.co.uk. yet an hour later the confirmation e mail has not arrived. Whats wrong?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its in your junk folder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Or when you where registering you didn’t type your email address correctly. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'd lay a bet its in junk/spam folder - i think yahoo seems to catch the boards email sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi. Thanks for posting my message I sent in yesterday to feedback. Could you please post this there in reply?

Unfortunately my registration post is not in my junk folder.
    I definetly did not type in the wrong address , I triple checked it! Any more possibilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey, I tried to register with Polar_bear but I've not received an email either. I've checked my junk folders, I registered yesterday afternoon I think. Unless it was automatically deleted....please resend

polar_bear.

ps.

i'm sure the address was correct.

• Advertisement

its where hotmail puts all my 'reported post' mails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think the problem could lie with emails not being sent from the boards server. We have a few helpdesk tickets now with general email validations not being sent to users for subscribed threads etc too.

I'll see if I can find an Admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Justice for all . hmm if I'm looking at this correctly then yes you did put in the right address. I'm baffled as to why the mail never got to you. I'm sure an admin could shed more light on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I think gordon is right - I've had no email subscribed thread notifications today at all (7 updated threads).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Crap, sorry guys.

I'm just fixing it now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I've never seen you before Regi. When should it be working again

I keep hidden. Should be back now-ish.

Mr 'justice-for-all' and 'polar_bear' - your accounts should work fine just now. You might want to retrieve your passwords however. I promise the mail will work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 polar_bear

Thanks Regi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Justice for all

polar_bear wrote:
    Thanks Regi.

I second that motion

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Erm, I just came across one of Polar_Bear's post's. Was wondering: why was he banned? And no, I don't care why, I just want to see where, if ye get me. Or was it cos he was posting too much? Can't seem to find out what he did wrong. Don't see much point to starting a new thread about it, so I thought i'd just ask here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

may have gotten caught in the "justice for all" crossfire. but then i am no expert on these things.

hey, we still have his email adress.
    perhpas he should be signed up to some sites...

Advertisement