Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billpay questions

• 06-09-2005 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Ok I have a meteor 400 talk plan. Every month I find that I go way over the free minutes and end up running a massive bill of between 150 to 200 euro. I cant control myself talking... I stay on it for ages without realising how long I do be on it..

Anyhow my question is this I have been on billpay for about four months and want to know is there any way I can get out of this and change over to meteor pay as you go.. The only good thing about the bill pay that I am on is that I have my 086 number but if I cancel my bill contract and go pay as you go can I still keep my 086 number? I love the billpay due to the fact that I get free 085 - 085 texts until the end of the year..

I feel that i'd have more control with pay as you go and wouldn't have to worry about paying a huge billl every month!

Please any adivce on how to do this! PS if i got an 085 sim with the free texts and put my 086 number on it would I loose the the free texts from 085 -085? Or would I be better off getting a dual sim card holder so I can use the free 085 -085 texts? Thanks in advance! :)

PS. they also owe me 120euro for a deposit I had to give to them for the phone I got!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Would you not consider going to a higher tariff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Nope dont want to as I'm going back to college on the 19th and funds will be low enough then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 j26

Make less calls?

€200 a month on calls is crazy.

You are definitely on the wrong tariff. Looking at the tariffs in Meteor, if you go above every month, you are paying 20c per minute. If you move to a higher tariff, you are only paying 15c per minute, a saving of 25%.

A quick look at the site tells you that
    Meteor wrote:
    Please note: You can only change your tariff plan to a lower commitment plan after six months of joining the network, or after six months of upgrading your phone.
    so you are stuck with them for another couple of months anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ah s***e! Guess I'l have to move to a higher tarrif or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Self discipline my friend or get your mates to ring you!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 j26

She must be very good looking ;)

Advertisement