Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a Mod to close a thread for me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

?

Are you trying to tell us that you were off-thread dealing or something?

WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE FEEDBACK FORUM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

No, I'm telling you that I'm finished with my thread and I don't want any more pm's about it. Why can't you just close the thread? I wasn't aware that two consenting adults can't sort out a deal in private and was against any rules? Apologies if it was.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Then you haven't read the forum rules, have you? If you wanted a thread closed, why didn't you just pm the Mod of the forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Because I didn't know I had to do that?

I like using boards.ie but I don't have time to go in and read all the rules for each forum, I am very busy and I just buzz in and buzz out. Do my business and be gone. Sorry if that doesn't suit you guys but that's the way it is with me. I'll try to be more careful in the future and I apologise for getting it wrong. But could you please please arange to have that thread closed. I promise to watch my behaviour in future and I'm learning as I go along.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Why do you need it closed? Just ignore any replies if you must.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I like using boards.ie but I don't have time to go in and read all the rules for each forum, I am very busy and I just buzz in and buzz out.

Maybe you should spend less time on boards.ie and more time at what keeps you so busy. If you cant be bothered to read the rules why should mods be bothered to facilitate your request?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

hmm, It's a case of "I use the service but I've no idea how it works."

Have you not noticed that they tend not to lock threads like that? Also one would thin kthati f you're buying and selling over the interent you would want to get as much information about the service you're using before using it. People like you need to get scammed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Most threads die a natural death without being locked.

Being locked won't stop someone reading the thread and possibly PMing you.

The rule that the main details of the deal (everything except the delivery/collection/hand-over) get done in threads is for the protection of both sides of the deal, as well as preventing gazumping. It's a bit like the way all business deals would once be negotiated in the middle of the public market.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

why don't you just post saying that the deal was done,there would be no more pms.It doesn't need to be locked

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah that'd sort it all out without any hassle

• Advertisement
Advertisement