Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP - wallpaper & video questions

• 06-09-2005 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy.

How do I set an image as wallpaper on my psp ? I cant find the option anywhere.

Also. I have followed the steps from a guide for putting videos on the psp. I have converted to MP4 and put in the right folder but Im still told that 'there are no videos'.

Any ideas? Im running v 1.52.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

You need v2 for mp4 and wallpapers

when you update to the v2 you should have a new option in your first menu on the psp called themes. If you go to the folder where your pics are stored and view a pic. press triangle and go one to the left and you'll see the option set as wallpaper. Make sure you have use wallpaper set in themes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

You need v2 for mp4 and wallpapers

when you update to the v2 you should have a new option in your first menu on the psp called themes. If you go to the folder where your pics are stored and view a pic. press triangle and go one to the left and you'll see the option set as wallpaper. Make sure you have use wallpaper set in themes.

ah... Isnt it bad to update to 2.0 because I wont be able to downgrade to 1.50 ? Should I just go for it anyway ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

There's an app for 1.5 to change the backgrounds. Just wait for a bit. WAB are alive and kickin. The video says their downgrader works on a 2.0 but I'd not bother just to be on the safe side ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hay, Tusky. Do you have any pictures on your duo? (Just asking)

Nailz wrote:
    Hay, Tusky. Do you have any pictures on your duo? (Just asking)

Yup, why ?
    dregin wrote:
    There's an app for 1.5 to change the backgrounds. Just wait for a bit. WAB are alive and kickin. The video says their downgrader works on a 2.0 but I'd not bother just to be on the safe side ;)

and the ap is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Tusky wrote:
    ah... Isnt it bad to update to 2.0 because I wont be able to downgrade to 1.50 ? Should I just go for it anyway ?
    if you're worried about 2.0 not being able to run homebrew, i've been hearing that hacks are in the works already (lots of the "big" scene guys are ignoring 1.52 and just going on to 2.0).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

MP4 works on 1.5x (and 1.0) its AVC that is only supported on 2.0. What name was the video you put on the PSP? What program did you use to convert it?

Ciaran500 wrote:
    MP4 works on 1.5x (and 1.0) its AVC that is only supported on 2.0. What name was the video you put on the PSP? What program did you use to convert it?

I used 3GP converter. It automatically renames the file. Cant figure out whats wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

try pspvideo9

Upgrade to 2 from sony and only use the updates from sony.homebrew programmes can damage your psp. Besides it does enough as it is.

• Advertisement

try pspvideo9

worked a treat, thanks.

homebrew programmes can damage your psp.
    Which ones damage your PSP exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

And how; I'm curious.

I do know that some (particularly the IRC) have a tendency to crash, but it's all about the code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hank_scorpio is just assuming what isn't meant to be run offically on a psp is bad for it.

Cabelo wrote:
    And how; I'm curious.

I do know that some (particularly the IRC) have a tendency to crash, but it's all about the code.
    The IRC??? Was that actually released or are you talking about http://www.pspirc.com/ ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'd like to know this too tbh....

Listen. Any software could potentially damage a system. Someone who runs untested software on a PC which subsequently turns out to be a virus doesnt go shouting off that all software is going to damage your PC so don't install it, do they?

The code can write to the flash sector in the PSPs internal memory. That's how it could damage the system. Very few apps actually do this. I know that the background changer does. I haven't heard of it damaging anyone's PSP. This is just over-reactionary bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

My point was that it can't pysically muck your PSP.

It won't blow it up, but it could brick it. That is, your PSP would be completely dead. No signs of life.

This will more than likely never happen if you use software that you know has been tested.

P.S. I've edited my last post.

All I'm saying is that I love my psp too much to put programmes on it that some joe soap made up. For all I know they could have a time delay programme in them that on a certain date it releases a code that screws up the system. I don't know much about programming, but I do know computers and there are some feckers out there that will deliberately try to sabotage people's psp's as they do with pc's and virus's, it's only a matter of time, i don't want to take any chances. I won't even play a game over wifi with someone that has homebrew on their psp.

Call me paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

@Tusky - i think the problem you were having, was you weren't putting the *.mp4s into the right directory structure on the PSP - plenty of guides for this, PSP9Video does it for you :)

@Hank - wrap that PSP in tinfoil mate, just to be sure !

All I'm saying is that I love my psp too much to put programmes on it that some joe soap made up. For all I know they could have a time delay programme in them that on a certain date it releases a code that screws up the system. I don't know much about programming, but I do know computers and there are some feckers out there that will deliberately try to sabotage people's psp's as they do with pc's and virus's, it's only a matter of time, i don't want to take any chances. I won't even play a game over wifi with someone that has homebrew on their psp.

Call me paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    That's the saddest spiel I've read on here in quite a while. Most of the homebrew is released with it's source code so anyone can see exactly what it's doing when it runs on the PSP. Not my problem that you dont want to run it but go on and don't go around telling people that homebrew will damage their PSP when you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I've had my psp since march. I do know one of mates who has a psp put a home brew onto it and it's as slow now, not sure which home brew it was. So I am speaking from experience.

So eh don't go around thinking home brew is totally safe.

I don't need to wrap my psp in tin foil. There's no need to be pricks about it. I'm just expressing my opinion of psp home brew's. Yes I don't have a clue about home brew, who makes them and what their goal is, whether be an authentic attempt or a malicious attempt, so i don't trust it.

If you value what you've bought you'll just let Sony come up with the applications for the PSP and use them. In my opinion it is the safest option. But hey it's your PSP and I hope some of you's that were rude to me actually get a malicous home brew. Only joking. Sorry, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

You weren't expressing your opinion. You were pointedly telling people not to install homebrew because it damages your PSP. It's probably your mate's MS that's acting up tbh.

dregin, do what you want. i know what happened you don't. make your own mind up an i hope you don't get hit with something malicious. I'm not sure your waranty will cover you if it does though.

I realise that people like the home brew and i've heard good things about it. But what's wrong with letting people know about the dangers of them too.

I'm not sure your waranty will cover you if it does though.
    It won't.
    I realise that people like the home brew and i've heard good things about it. But what's wrong with letting people know about the dangers of them too.
    You weren't "letting people know". You were telling people not run it because it would damage their hardware. Anyway, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion but I just didnt like the way you were posting it as fact. That is all.

Ok I'm not arguing with you over this one, i'm going to let good old english do it for me.

I believe what I said was (as I pose with my hands on my hips in a manly fashion)
    Upgrade to 2 from sony and only use the updates from sony.homebrew programmes can damage your psp. Besides it does enough as it is.

I have highlighted the word CAN which described by the dictionary as:

a. Used to indicate possibility or probability: I wonder if my long lost neighbor can still be alive. Such things can and do happen.

So if you're going to say I said something I'd appreciate it if you said what I actually said and ask you not be pragmatic (as a noun).

Hope you don't take this too harshly, I'm just trying to be objective.

It is a fact, it happened to my mate!!!

K, I was wrong. I apologise. The downgrader works for 2.0 anyway, so it's all good :P

Advertisement