Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another Xbox 360 query!

• 06-09-2005 7:34pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I have a crusty old Xbox console here, it is working just fine but doubtlessly it will eventually breakdown and fail at some point, as will we all.
    Unfortunately the Xbox will soon also become an extinct beast and so may be entirely unrepairable, I mean I know that most of the parts are generic PC parts but the DVD drive itself must be and XBox one to load games.

Anyway my query is, will I be still able to play Steel Batallion on my new, shiny Xbox360? Does it have the necessary ports there to allow me to plug in the behemoth of a controller? Or will I have to accept my inevitable fate and know that Steel Batallion and I only have a limited time left together?
    Maybe some sort of adaptor?
    Clutching at straws here people,
    Capcom, heed my cry for help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

There are no xbox ports on the Xbox 360. But we might see an Xbox-USB converter, we'll just have to wait and see :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

im not sure, the games may be backward compatable, but dont quote me on it :) the controler thing they may not take into consideration, hopfully like said above we might see a converter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Is it possible to plug in a computer usb gamepad into the usb port of xbox360?

If so then you could buy(or make) an xbox/usb converter and plug it in that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Xbox1 ports are USB, just a different size so it should be possible to make a cable to plug the controller in to the 360 and then if the game works, it will load the neccessary driver to get the controller working. Unfortunately MS said that their priority for backwards compatibility will be the top titles which I assume translates as top selling titles. I dont think a game that costs €200 would be one of the top sellers. The word on the scene is that eventually we will have 100% backwards compatibility as the more games they do will make it easier for them to get less popular games working. There may even be a generic patch eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Anyone know about my first question?
    I can get my xbox controller working(kindof) on the compute, but im wondering about the usb ports on the 360, will the accept pc controllers.

I read somewhere that at the moment the usb port can only read usb drive, but not write to them, and the wireless adapter goes in there. Also I think the wired controller plugs into the usb port, so do you think we could plug in general usb gamepads?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

brav wrote:
    Anyone know about my first question?
    I can get my xbox controller working(kindof) on the compute, but im wondering about the usb ports on the 360, will the accept pc controllers.

I read somewhere that at the moment the usb port can only read usb drive, but not write to them, and the wireless adapter goes in there. Also I think the wired controller plugs into the usb port, so do you think we could plug in general usb gamepads?
    You're correct, the wired controllers use the USB ports so I'd be very surprised if PC joypads do not work with them in some way (the analogue sticks may cause problems but the digital buttons and joypad should be okay). As xbox1 controllers are also USB (albeit with a non-standard connector) then I think it would make sense for MS to support xbox1 controllers on the xbox360 via the USB ports so hang on to them.

I'm almost certain that there's an improved driver for xbox controller support in windows that was released quite recently. Maybe check the hardware forums on xbox-scene or just google it, it might be of interest to you.

Advertisement