Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless/wired setup problem

Options
  • 06-09-2005 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

howdy , i havent much of a clue about networking but ill give it a lash here. I bought a 3Com officeconnect wireless 11g cable/dsl router today along with a usb wireless dongle. Im using a ZyXel Prestige 600 modem that came with my IOL broadband connection.
    Now im trying to hook up all this junk and im falling flat on my face. I have a cable coming out of the modem into the DSL port on the back of the router, then a cable coming out of the router into my machine. I run through the setup wizard but theres absolutlely nothing happening. Im not too worried about the wireless end of things yet (its for another machine in the house)
    The router and modem and main PC are all in the same room so its no problem having them all wired up there.

All the settings seem to be right but theres still nothing happening. I know this is a wide vague problem but can anyone help shed some light on this?

gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

when im setting up it asks if i want

PPPOE
    DHCP
    PPTP
    L2TP

ive just been picking DHCP , im on iolbb what should i be picking?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Hi Gar,

You should be on PPPoE and you will need to enter your username and password.

BB

Advertisement