Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good revision books

Options
  • 06-09-2005 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Looking for mainly Geog (h)Irish(o)English (o) And Maths(o)
    Is there any good ones which are worth buying?I have less stress...for Art history and it seems ok.Anyone recommend any good revision books for the subjects above.

Cheers all info welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

Leaving Certifiacte poerty notes by edco is very good. I have it for higher level but they do ordinary level too. I like it, it shows all the "deep meaning" of poem that you never see yourself.

I would only say for the others not to get less stress more success, it very annoyng. For most subjects I find that to get a book proper is good. If you do not have it faoimsh***** (sorry I can't spell it, but it starts with f) is a very good ordinary level irish book, I often use it even though I do high level, the poems and storys have good notes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Im using Fuineamh or somthing i dont think thats it?Ill have a look for good few books when im in town.Cheers for that.Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Barrie wrote:
    Im using Fuineamh or somthing i dont think thats it?Ill have a look for good few books when im in town.Cheers for that.Anyone else?
    i use Fúntais 1 & 2! 1 is all essays and stuff and just on the general topics you have to learn and 2 is the stories, poems and history! I think they're brilliant and have lots of notes too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

ahh fuintais a haon agus a do! I think that the rapid revision book are brilliant! see if you can scab any revision books of any past LC ers! I found a maths LC revision buk in my house d other day its pretty gud and old 98 but the course is the same so its all good!! Oh did anyone buy those exam and career guides last year? I found the green one that did english, history, german, french, home ecc , geog to be a waste cuz we r doing a new course in most dose subjects and it was only of use to LC 2005 ppl! i didnt even bother lukin at dem!what a waste! But the Science magazine was very good! Does anyone know what im talkin bout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Diddle1

Get Rapid Revision...it is much better than less stress as it gives clear explanations that you will understand much better. :)

• Advertisement

Do you know if they have a good variety of subjects?(Rapid revision)Id say ill be best off with notes but i need all the help i can get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

Barrie wrote:

That is exactly the one I meant! Funtas1+2 are to complicated for me, but if you are very good at pass irish they might be good, but remember theya re honours books. Good luck

oh sorry i didnt realise you were doing pass....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Aye, these babies are great for maths, I must say. Sometimes they jump a bit, and the whole layout is a bit crap, but it's still handy in conjunction with your book or somethin.

Cheers for the link

I saw their maths revision book.It looks good and the "Question on
    one page and answer/solution on the other page"is a good technique its 21€ though and its on special offer.

• Advertisement

the poetry notes book "this is poetry" is really really good...better than the edco one

Advertisement