Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers -- how's your first few days?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Grand, we'll just stay away from that part of the campus, cheers for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 craiglen

**** that then it all sounds a bit.... LAN party ish

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When can we sign up for clubs and socs? I'm sure you Freshers have the details!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The usual... 2nd week of term. September 19 (which also happens to be International Talk Like A Pirate Day, but I digress...).
    *points to sig*
    Societies will be in the tent, sports clubs in Hall B of the sports centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, and golden information in the end from Rainbow Kirby. ;)

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

DaveMcG wrote:
    lol, thanks, I think it's a way of covering up the fact that I'm shitting myself! :D:o

I wanna know where this lake is, too. It isn't on any maps... is there some kind of special treasure map that I didn't get? lol

Join Craic Soc, they have regular events there.

(BTW, everyone please note that I'm in work at 8:20am to prepare for you freshers today, THAT'S COMMITTMENT DAMNIT! I better see you all in our tent)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

(BTW, everyone please note that I'm in work at 8:20am to prepare for you freshers today, THAT'S COMMITTMENT DAMNIT! I better see you all in our tent)

HACK!!!!!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    HACK!!!!!! :D:D

:eek: Guilty as charged, I suppose. But I try.

Has anyone been to the SU tent, out of curiosity? What do you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

DaveMcG wrote:
    Is everyone pleased with their student card? I think they look fake or somethin, lol(btw, anyone in the know about how to *discreetly* hide my date of birth on it, feel free to fill us in :o).

A cloth and some nail varnish remover should remove the date of birth pretty easily ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

In tomorrow morning. Going completly on me Todd to this thing. Ah Anxiety!

• Advertisement

Don't worry. Tomorrow is just registering. The real fun starts Monday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ah you'll be grand grimey.
    Good luck though, this place sucks balls...

But I'm sure you'll be grand... :D

SebtheBum wrote:
    this place sucks balls...

I went to griffith, remember! Im used to sucking balls. Tomorrow is 6 hours of orientation and usual "im just outta college im so grown up oh wee wheres the bar" sh*te i have to hear 1500 people go on and on and on about! Focking Freshers

PS Seb. I cant find a flat anywhere! Anywhere!!! Can I come live in a wardrobe in yours? Peas! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah too right!

Me, I'm still waiting on the results of my Autumn failure so's I can register, pay fees, and do the whole pig's abortion of 2nd year one more time.

Come SIS Student Web, GET THE HELL ON WITH IT!

SebtheBum wrote:
    Yeah too right!

Me, I'm still waiting on the results of my Autumn failure so's I can register, pay fees, and do the whole pig's abortion of 2nd year one more time.

Come SIS Student Web, GET THE HELL ON WITH IT!
    Hey if you really want you could come back to first and keep keep me comp

There's plenty of 1st Arts people around here to keep ya company! :p

I do hope your right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'll be there Grimes! Boardsie friends! ¬_¬

Waltons wrote:
    I'll be there Grimes! Boardsie friends! ¬_¬

Power to the People. If your looking for me keep an eye out for a blatantly confused 21 year old beardy dude. Who really looks like he shouldnt be there. Smoking and browsing his phone book killing time! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Im used to sucking balls

Honesty for ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Well if you see someone wearing a bright blue Homsar t-shirt, come over and say hi!

Waltons wrote:
    Well if you see someone wearing a bright blue Homsar t-shirt, come over and say hi!
    Will do Walty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Re: playing games in the nerdcave (= g15), don't do it before 5pm. The labs close at 10pm, so there is plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Alana wrote:
    This year unfortunately music soc is going back to being a kind of department run soc(that could also be a good thing in that stuff will be done...), they had the chance last yr to do stuff but the "head" or whatever u call them of the soc left and the rest of the commitee got caught up with academic stuff and the pub...sigh.

Woo, go freshers, shiney nu student cards...the temptation to be patronising is quite hard to resist...

They're called Auditors. And Louise has since moved to London... quelle suprise!

As for the second lake, it's behind Vet, near Conway. Now discover it on your own, it's more fun if you find it yourself.

I know of someone who had a place in UCD where he and his friend used to hide sleeping bags and camp out when too lazy/pissed to go home... sounds like so much craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

^
    haha, that'd be great :D

Advertisement