Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Mule

Options
  • 06-09-2005 10:34pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Anyone see it tonight, I missed most of it. Its based on a play by an offaly man and is set in banagher in Co.Offaly. The accents were brutal and the acting just the same at times.

Anyone here from banager?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I read a review of it last week and it seemed to be fairly positive, but it was an RTE review. I'd planned to watch it, but forgot about it. Was is really that sh!te?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

If you can put some of the gank accents aside, it's entertaining stuff. Glenroe it isn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think it's very good and I look forward to watching it each week. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

I also thinks its good, the expressions used are great and the accents just make it funnier. Not slagging anyone with an accent like that or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Yeah, thumbs up from me for this one? Some of the accents are a bit dodge, but a show where some of the main characters are called 'Bomber' and 'Scobie', great entertainment!! Come on the Biffs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The lad with the dodgy long black permed hair is from athlone his name's Dermot Ward, sond lad, he sounds nothing like the characture in real life though, scary scary fake accents!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Fannymcslap

I think it's actually class, there's a lad where I work who looks and sounds exactly like Skobie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

im going to make a pitch to rte to have it re named........ wait for it......................Pure Sh1te :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

Well anyone from the area would recognise that the accents are spot on. No doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭edengarden

I think it's brill! I think the accents are great some of them are a little ott - Therese in particular - but in fairness I know people who talk like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭jacool

I think its quality, compared to what it could have been.
    The Banagher thing is irrelevant as that's only where they filmed it, its not based there at all.
    I have to say that I've a weakness for Jennifer, so this is totally biased !!
    No seriously, compared to other rubbish RTE have wheeled out in the past, i found that this reflected a lot of rural life that I've been exposed to. Its not all Glenroe you know !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Beren

One of the best shows RTE has aired in years! Really funny stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 G-RÓID

Ah lads im sorry but I think its ****in savage Cabbage..."' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

i heard the episodes were directed by different directors. Does anyone know which director did which episodes. I thought that there was a definate difference in the styles of the programs. The one where the wedding was called off and the one where the bomber started a row with the auld lad were definately more serious than some of the other episodes. That was the only thing that annoyed me about the show. other than that it was a great show!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

tim3115 wrote:
    Well anyone from the area would recognise that the accents are spot on. No doubt about it.

ah come on, I've yet to meet anyone apart from a travelers that talk like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

Wrong. They were really bang on. I know people who talk exactly like that, and they're not travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

allie_e17 wrote:
    Glenroe it isn't :)
    The highest anyone can compliment this shoite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'd missed the first episode but heard so much about it on the radio next day that I watched the repeat on the following Sunday.
    I thought it was very good even if some of the accents were a bit ott but then everyone has an accent.
    I hope RTE will do more irish stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marymac

Hi!

I'm in search of audio exerpts from Pure Mule online. They can be as a part of a video sample, or audio only. If anyone knows of a URL where I might find such a thing, please let me know!

Thanks a lot,

MaryMac
    Portland, OR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Mary,

Might be worth e-mailing RTE, or Accomplice TV who produced it.

• Advertisement

when is this coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

I love Pure Mule!!!! The accents are spot on (with a few minor exaggerations!) ...... and i should know!!! Great entertainment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cwynnes

I liked it when it was on, the storylines were good and i do hope to see it on TV again soon......did anyone hear about if or when it was comin back???

P.S Im a bogger like the rest of us and i found the the accents cringe worthy...that was the only thing that bothered me about the programme :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 charleigh

Does anybody know how I can get to see Pure Mule again? If anybody knows or has recorded a copy of it then I would really appreciate if they would get in touch with me & maybe I could buy a copy from you.

Kind Regards, Charleigh.

cfdcolgan@hotmail.com

Advertisement