Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much are you studying?

Options
  • 06-09-2005 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

How much study are you doing at the moment for LC '06. Have you even started yet. I'm doing a good bit. I started last week. Do a bit of a subject most nights. I'll get it all convered by June. What about you guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

i have not started school yet so no study yet! well done for studying already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Im going to study soon when im all ready and prepared.Id say 2 subjects a night would be fine 45 min a subject :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Well 3 hours a night monday - thursday as of tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Does your idea of studying include homework?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Shrimp wrote:
    Well 3 hours a night monday - thursday as of tomorrow

:rolleyes:

Pfft. Good luck sticking to that.

If you get the idea of studying out of your head for now and concentrate fully on all of your homework, then you'll be doin' great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

dont wear yourself out now. Chill a bit. As said, keep up with the old HW and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Kenshi wrote:
    How much study are you doing at the moment for LC '06. Have you even started yet. I'm doing a good bit. I started last week. Do a bit of a subject most nights. I'll get it all convered by June. What about you guys?

Yeah seriously calm down a bit. Fair play if you can keep that up all year but dont burn yourself out. I do about 3 hours per night. That includes homework so say if I get two hours written Ill do an hours revision etc.

I have only been back a week so pace yourself. Make sure you know whats going on at the moment and if you dont revise it until you understand. Other than that its a long road ahead so dont get too carried away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

I do 3 and a half or 4 of homework and study. I think you should see them as the same thing because doing math or irish is just like how you would study. what I try to do is say I do a new champer in chemistry I learn that and then i do my chemistry homework, that way the homework becomes study and you have learnt the thing well. I thing that is you do 3 hours a night it will be grand as year goes on you will finish courses and then you will have less new homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Dear me, I have barely even contemplated getting into a regular study schedule at this early stage although it wouldn't hurt to do so before I loose this momentum I seem to have at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i've done a bit of study myself...but i always find distractions...:( oh well

but once supervised study starts i'll start getting into the habit of things coz i'll get all (or most) of my hw done in school and then study at home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I havent started studying yet. And have no intention of doing so yet.

just as long as you arent one of the ones complaining in june that you never had enough time or wish you had started sooner...thats a-ok with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

just as long as you arent one of the ones complaining in june that you never had enough time or wish you had started sooner...thats a-ok with me!

Oh no that wont be me. :D I made the decision and I wont be moaning in 8/9 months.

Arabel wrote:
    Oh no that wont be me. :D I made the decision and I wont be moaning in 8/9 months.
    okie dokie!! but i know i need to study NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Arabel wrote:

I'll wager I'll be moaning in eight months...

I for one blame the government.

grimloch wrote:

i'll be complaining too...i can see it now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Study already!? You must be mad! Its far too early to try and revise for christmas, let alone next june! any information will be well gone!

I'll probably start in a few weeks, but the second week in September is definite crash & burn territory

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

lol you guys are mad, if you only knew how easy the leaving cert is (i did pretty crap but i only studied the night before each exam (365 points) but i knew i only needed 300. Anyway, as others have said, just make sure you're doing the homework and concentrating on it while you do it, rather than adding to extra revision. Just do the homework well and then leave it for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Just doing homework atm, but I'm in a show. Will start the study soon, hour of Maths each night and start looking over Physics, Biology and English. Damned if I'll be doing much, if anything, for Irish and French though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

grimloch wrote:

or society?

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    Just doing homework atm, but I'm in a show. Will start the study soon, hour of Maths each night and start looking over Physics, Biology and English. Damned if I'll be doing much, if anything, for Irish and French though.
    i'm starting back at dance and stuff on saturday and i'll be in the panto at christmas as usual...im going to have to juggle LC study with studying my lines and learning songs, dances and rehersals and stuff!!! Tough next couple of months in front of moi!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I have to do a fecking portfolio this year - stupid me wasting a whole year and a half of available portfolio time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A thread like this probably isn't the best idea at this stage! It may inspire some people to study but it might also cause some people to panic! Keep up with homework, do whatever you're comfortable with and remember....... not everybody is necessarily telling the truth so try not to freak out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenshi

A thread like this probably isn't the best idea at this stage! It may inspire some people to study but it might also cause some people to panic! Keep up with homework, do whatever you're comfortable with and remember....... not everybody is necessarily telling the truth so try not to freak out ;)

Yeah I know. That's the whole problem. It causes all this ambiguity.

Advertisement