Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Win XP On a another region...

• 06-09-2005 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Just after recieving my inspiron 6000 from dell today.
    My problem is I think the dvd player is set to a different region..
    I d/l'd drive region info v2.2 and it told me that my drive has protection but the region code is not set and status is not set..

Is there anysoftware that i can get to change it to a region free drive...
    If i get xteq's x-setup and change the drive to region 0 will this work..if I am going to run the risk of damaging the drive i'll just send it back to dell and go mad with them fro there stupid mistake..

Thanks,
    Hakko

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Is it just so you can watch DVD's from another region ?
    If so download VLC media player. It'll play DVD's from any region iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

k so thanks ste-,
    However, I would still like to have my drive region free..but this would do..

Thanks.

Advertisement