Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercury Music Prize Goes To

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Gutted that The Go Team didn't win. Haven't heard an album that makes me grin like a loon in ages...and in fairness, the KC's had a good 'un out as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Go Team album is pretty crazy, like 20 different styles of music thrown into a metal trashcan and rattled around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

really good album im glad he/they won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

American band...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

English lead singer...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

but an American band winning a British award.............

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gutted that The Go Team didn't win. Haven't heard an album that makes me grin like a loon in ages...and in fairness, the KC's had a good 'un out as well...

I bought the Go Team's album last week on the recommendation of friend and tbh, I thought it was pretty poor.

With the exception of maybe 1 good song, the rest just sounds like "Sesame Street: The Soundtrack"

Did anybody see KT Tunstall's performance at the awards? Very clever and impressive I thought.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

BaZmO* wrote:
    I bought the Go Team's album last week on the recommendation of friend and tbh, I thought it was pretty poor.

With the exception of maybe 1 good song, the rest just sounds like "Sesame Street: The Soundtrack"

Did anybody see KT Tunstall's performance at the awards? Very clever and impressive I thought.

B.
    Each to their own. It's not one you're gonna listen to for it's lyricial depth...and I'll grant you, it's not exactly one that rewards repeated listening.

On the other hand - and i'll stop being an evangelist for 'em here - put it on when a party is in full swing, and you'll feel another side to it!

Advertisement