Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane Relief song.

Options
  • 07-09-2005 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Statement from Raymone Bain: Michael Jackson to record Hurricane relief Song
    Davis, Bain and Associates, Inc.

Washington, D.C. 20007
    Raymone K. Bain
    CEO

For Immediate Release Contact: Raymone K. Bain at:

September 6, 2005

Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song

Fundraising Project titled: “From the Gulf to the Gulf”

Within 24 hours, Mr. Jackson will be reaching out to other recording

superstars asking that they join him in this project to aid victims of

Hurricane Katrina

Washington, D.C. ……. In response to the widespread devastation wrought by

Hurricane Katrina, Recording Superstar Michael Jackson has been moved to pen

a song, with the working title, “From the Bottom of My Heart.”

Hoping to rekindle the success of “We Are the World,” which he wrote and

produced, and which raised millions of dollars for aid to Africa, Mr. Jackson

will be enlisting, within the next 24 hours, the involvement of other recording

superstars to join him in this project. It is his intention to record this record

within the next two weeks.

“It pains me to watch the human suffering taking place in the Gulf Region of my

country,” says Mr. Jackson. “My heart and prayers go out to every individual

who has had to endure the pain and suffering caused by this tragedy. I will be

reaching out to others within the music industry, to join me in helping to bring

relief and hope to these resilient people who have lost everything.”

The song will be recorded on 2 Seas Records, a label owned by Prince Abdulla

Hamad Alkhalifa of Bahrain. All proceeds from the sale will be donated to the

victims of Hurricane Katrina.
    Who better to do it than the king of pop! Hopefully it will be as sucessfull as "We are the world" was. I can't wait for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭del_boy85

Have those poor people not suffered enough without Michael Jackson inflicting one of his songs on them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I'm sorry, is that an attempt at humour?

Music’s Biggest Names Join Michael Jackson for Katrina Relief Effort

michael8.gif

Created: Monday, 12 September 2005

Washington, D.C. - Michael Jackson is pleased to announce that Jay-Z, Mariah Carey, Missy Elliott, R. Kelly, Wyclef Jean, Lenny Kravitz, Lauren Hill, Mary J. Blidge, Yolanda Adams, Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, James Brown, Snoop Dogg , the O’Jays, and Ciara, are among the artists joining in his hurricane relief song, where all proceeds will be donated to victims of Hurricane Katrina.

As previously announced, the working title of the song is, “From the Bottom of My Heart,” which will be released on 2 Seas Records, owned by Prince Abdullah Hamad Alkhalifa of Bahrain.

This project is in response to the widespread devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina, and because of the human suffering taking place in the Gulf Region of his country.

Mr. Jackson is continuing to reach out to artists who would like to work with him in this project, which he humbly hopes will make a tremendous difference to all individuals who have been affected by this tragedy.

All inquiries regarding Mr. Jackson's Katrina relief effort, and artist participation should be addressed to Mr. Jackson's publicist and Executive coordinator, Raymone K. Bain.

Half of the people in the musical history books are going to be recording this song. James brown and Michael Jackson, what a combination. Knowing Michael Jackson's ties he'll probably ge Stevie Wonder in there as well.

Advertisement