Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dark castle

Options
  • 07-09-2005 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

anyone know if this mac classic is available for pc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd say so.. it wasn't purely a Mac game... I had it on the C64.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Played it on the Mega Drive. It's probably the worst game on the platform along with Sword of Sodan and Last Battle. No, scratch that, it is the worst.

Trying to get through a couple of screens with those controls was absolute torture. And then you'd be faced with random death 'puzzles'. What a ****ing mess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I played it on a mega drive emulator to see if it was as bad as the reviews said it was. It wasn't, it was worse. By far the worst game I've ever played. If you walk into a crack on the ground you die. Even the over the top samples done by a team that knew they had a stinker on their hands couldn't save this game. It's no wonder Sega wouldn't publish EA games and they had to make their own cartridges when they were pumping this sort of crap out in the late 80s/early 90s.

Do yourself a favour and get the marathon games from the bungie website wiht the adelph emulator and experience a real mac classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is it not just the Megadrive version that was terrible?

I remember being quite stuck into this game when I had it on the C64... I'm sure my taste in games still pretty sharp back then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I only played the MD version and it is enough for me to know that I will never go near dark castle again no matter what format.

• Advertisement
Advertisement