Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Question

Options
  • 07-09-2005 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Will a car pass the NCT if an electric window is not working?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

AFAIK the windows must be fully operable - its a safety feature to protect you against suffocation in the case of a really bad silent but deadly one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

kbannon wrote:
    AFAIK the windows must be fully operable - its a safety feature to protect you against suffocation in the case of a really bad silent but deadly one!

Yeah I guess so, some of them could burn your eyes right out of your head.

Seriously though - does anyone know? The car in question is going for it's NCT today.

from the NCT manual:-
    10 - Glass
    #6 Check that the driver's window operating mechanism is functioning properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Despatch wrote:
    Will a car pass the NCT if an electric window is not working?
    Considering that they're now failing cars that don't have the name of the county in Irish on the reg plate, I'd suggest the answer is yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

kbannon wrote:
    from the NCT manual:-
    10 - Glass
    #6 Check that the driver's window operating mechanism is functioning properly.

Well I guess that settles it so. It would be the drivers window that's broken :mad:

Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

What is wrong with it?
    Is it the switch, the motor or what?
    What type of car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When I submitted my car the two rear windows did'nt work (and still don't!) but it did'nt matter. It should really though!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mike65 wrote:
    When I submitted my car the two rear windows did'nt work (and still don't!) but it did'nt matter. It should really though!

Mike.

why - plenty of cars have rear windows that don't open at all.

Advertisement