Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Ireland World Cup Song We're Gonna Start a Fire

Options
  • 07-09-2005 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Trying to find a place that sells the CD?
    Was is ever released?

I think the band is called the Memories but everytime I check Google I just get links to crappie love songs.

Any help would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

It was from 1990, so it was probably released as a single on casette and vinyl. Dunno, maybe some second hand places in Dublin have it, lot of rummaging around and weird looks from the guys who work there when you ask them about ftrying to find it! Decent song as i recall though, lot better than 'Watch your house for Ireland' ****e with Christy Dignam.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

quazzy wrote:
    Hi All,

Was is ever released?

I think the band is called the Memories but everytime I check Google I just get links to crappie love songs.

HI Quaxxy

IT was indeed the Memories and the song is called THe Game it's on the spex record lable catalogue number SP015.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

quazzy wrote:
    Hi All,

Was is ever released?

HI Quazzy

IT was indeed the Memories and the song is called THe Game it's on the spex record lable catalogue number SP015.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Thanks for the info Muppet. Just got your PM and and MP3 link.

I really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

That was an excellent tune alrght, wouldn't mind a copy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

as I recall it was only released on casette tape and distributed in Pennys clothes shops, profits went to some charity or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

A little off-centre but thought some of you may like:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=278236&page=3&pp=20 (Thrawl through it for plenty of links (Still working AFAIK)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Spacedog wrote:
    as I recall it was only released on casette tape and distributed in Pennys clothes shops, profits went to some charity or other.

Oh wait, that was 'the team that jack built' I was thinking of, man that was a lame song. If I recall correctly this time, Billy Joel did a gig around then and tried to sing this version?

Advertisement