Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a decent CMS

Options
  • 07-09-2005 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently trying to switch a website over to a PHP style Content Management System.

I've been trying to work with one called Mambo... but I really don't find it to be the most straight forward of programs to work with.

Are there any out there with a similar interface to the one used in the Course Management System Moodle? As I'm currently working with moodle and I find it very easy to get to grips with.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

whats you problem with mambo.
    ive used it with about 10 sites and i think its very powerful (obviously some hacking of the core is necessary to produce something of quality )

if you tell me ur gripes with it i may be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭dave_eire

if you are working with and like Moodle - i would advise you to give Plone a look.

its very simple after you get your head around it, and is based on ZOPE, which is in turn based on Python.

Any questions specific to this, gimme a shout.

Cheersd

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll give Plone a go then.

I'm not sure what my problem with Mambo is... I can usually pick up these things fairly quickly... but for some reason Mambo just isn't clicking with me...

I'll probably go back and look at it again at some stage... as it is well recommended.

Advertisement