Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samhain Fancy Dress Party 2005-10-29

Options
  • 07-09-2005 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

Craic agus ol agus ceol agus more drink.

There will be a fancy-dress party in the downstairs at The Ginger Man on Fenian Street on Saturday the 29th of October, eight-til-late.

Tickets €10 at the door or in Adonis (the piercing place in Miss Fantasia's, go into Miss Fantasia's and then down to the back).

All welcome (Pagan or not, it's a party not a religious event). The room for the party has its own toilets, so you can change into fancy-dress there if you don't want to travel dressed.

Map to Fenian St.:
    fenianst.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sounds good, will see if a few mates are interested and if so will sort out tickets :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I'll try get peoples to come along too :)

Now to get a dress in time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Oh, any proceeds will go into the Féile Draíochta kitty. Such funds will help ensure another excellent Féile Draíochta next year, and eventually build up to a trust that can be used to purchase and run a burial site for the Pagan community.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Really?

Yeah, but that's some time (a few years at least) down the line, in the mean time keeping Féile Draíochta in funds will help ensure great Féile Draíochtas.

When the burial site does become a reality it will be great for the community to have somewhere to bury our departed and the site will also serve as a ritual space for people of different traditions with the community.

The focus for now though is fancy-dress and partying! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

flyer2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ConConnor

I hope to attend this with my Partner and Daughter.

http://www.druidschool.com/site/1030100/page/587337 is a link to the true timing for the Celtic New Year [of Lunar Samhain].
    If people are interested I can do a short talk on it on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

Talliesin wrote:
    build up to a trust that can be used to purchase and run a burial site for the Pagan community.

can i just say- that is an excellent idea! i was just goin to be cremated, but i think i'd much rather this!

i will try my damndest to come to the party, but i won't know until the day wether i can go or not (i'm a last minute person) so will i be guarenteed a ticket or is there a limit on the numbers sold?

ConConnor wrote:
    I hope to attend this with my Partner and Daughter.
    Well your daughter has to come. I've got her selling tickets.
    ConConnor wrote:
    If people are interested I can do a short talk on it on the night.
    Most likely a chat with the more interested over a pint would be more appropriate, though the Lunar Samhain thing is certainly something I've been meaning to look into, having come across it but not researched properly, so I'll be sitting around the table for that one.
    kestrel wrote:
    will i be guarenteed a ticket or is there a limit on the numbers sold
    There's a practical limit on how many we can fit into the room. I very much doubt we'll reach capacity, so I wouldn't worry about it though. It would be great if we did though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Talliesin wrote:

There will be a fancy-dress party in the downstairs at The Ginger Man on Fenian Street on Saturday the 29th of October, eight-til-late.

How late depends on whether we sell enough tickets in advance to pay for a late license! So please buy some if you know you'll be coming. You'll be able to get them at the Dublin Moots (Second Thursday of the Month, The Teachers' Club, 7:30pm) €8 if you get one in September, €10 if you get one in October or at the door.

All welcome (Pagan or not, it's a party not a religious event). The room for the party has its own toilets, so you can change into fancy-dress there if you don't want to travel dressed.

Map to Fenian St.:
    fenianst.png
    Merry Meet Talliesin,
    I'm very interested in your Samhain party, how can I get tickets for myself and a few pals ? Is the moot you're talking about "An Fainne?" Halloween this year is within the cycle of the balsamic moon, or dark moon, the phase right before the new moon, The weekend of October 29 and 30 is perfect for public Spiritual networking, although this Halloween might'nt have the same wild energy as last year's which fell on a full moon. BB.

• Advertisement

And the date gets nearer!

Everything still going to plan?

Many tickets sold?

Hey Tell, any chance I could see you some time during the week to get a ticket or two off of you? If not where would I go to get some?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ConConnor

Most likely a chat with the more interested over a pint would be more appropriate, though the Lunar Samhain thing is certainly something I've been meaning to look into, having come across it but not researched properly, so I'll be sitting around the table for that one.

Hi,
    it may take more than one pint - see you on the night

Achillies, I can meet you in town at some stage and give you tickets if you want. Mysteria if you could make it for the same day that'd be great!

How does this weekend sound?

Sure Jes cheers that'd be great, just need to find people interested in going with me first tho. I know that a few other friends from Kildare will be there on the night but I dont wanna go in all on my own like a sadcase :P. I'll let you know, I'm sure I still have your number somewhere.

Phew!

Well, I'm a busy sort of late, but yes the party plans are progressing nicely.

We've enough confirmed numbers that we'll be looking to get a late license, though I haven't yet got it confirmed that we'll actually have it. The numbers are a good mix of Pagans and non-Pagans too, enough of each that it'll have a community event feel to the Pagans, but the non-Pagans won't feel like they're complete outsiders either.

\o/

Yeah, and I've just sold four tickets, granted it was to my dad.

Achilles, text me when it suits you to meet up. I am in town Friday day and saturday day and night :)

I might be meeting up with a friend of mine on Thursday for him to get me some tickets, and I'm working Friday and Saturday. I'll have to see which fans out Jess but I have your number so I'll let you know.

Hey Jesjes, would it be possible to meet you in town tomorrow (Friday) at about 1 or 1:30? I'll need 3 tickets methinks. Anybody else who confirms that they're coming with me afterwards will have to pay at the door.

*goes off to iron his Starfleet Uniform...*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭SixShot

Talliesin wrote:

How late depends on whether we sell enough tickets in advance to pay for a late license! So please buy some if you know you'll be coming. You'll be able to get them at the Dublin Moots (Second Thursday of the Month, The Teachers' Club, 7:30pm) €8 if you get one in September, €10 if you get one in October or at the door.

Map to Fenian St.:
    fenianst.png

Aright Folks that sounds pritty cool. Im Neo Pagan My self & it would be intersting to meet more well Pagan folk. but apart from that Its been ages since I went to a fancy dress party I will try convince the G/F to go shes not pagan but you said it was for all none Pagan & Pagan alike how many is this place going to Hold & where would I get me tick's if the G/F & a few mates mite go & excuse my Grammer hope U can all read it

• Advertisement

Glen in Adonis (the piercing place in Miss Fantasia, go into Miss Fantasia and then go down to the back of the shop) has tickets for sale.

Yeah, I am in work and have break 1-2. I'll pm you my new number now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Will there be tickets on the door for any last minute types, or do you need to get them in advance?

There should be plenty of tickets at the door.

I would ask anyone who could do so to get them in advance though, since that means our expenses are covered as they arrive without having to borrow from my own limited funds (we've the late-license paid for and shall be arranging that soon, still some food to pay for though).

There's gonna be food?! OMFG, and I was just there for the drink and the fancy dress and whatnot. OMFG i'm even more there than I already was. Cheers for the tickets Jess :P

Like the sig Talliesin :)

Np Achilles.

Full Moon tomorrow on Tara, I'll try sell some there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭SixShot

Talliesin wrote:
    Glen in Adonis (the piercing place in Miss Fantasia, go into Miss Fantasia and then go down to the back of the shop) has tickets for sale.

ok Cool is there plenty of tickits & excuse my Spelling I sux at it

I must admit tho after meeting Jess I was expecting something a bit more flashy than green raffle tickets for the tickets. Heh, still can't wait for the party, have already switched days in work for it :P

Minimal cost for tickets means they can put money towards the late bar...

think about it!!

Some people might come from the Full Moon on Tara, it was mentioned, most want tix on the door option tho.

• Advertisement

Jesjes wrote:
    Minimal cost for tickets means they can put money towards the late bar...
    And for that matter, minimal funds is the only reason I'm bothering to have advance sales at all, having a few tickets sold now means I don't have to delve into my own pockets (which are not terribly deep at the moment).

Advertisement