Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP game's manuals are crap

• 07-09-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

seriously...i've got everybody's golf and all it does is tell you the obvious basics. seemingly there is a heap of diffirent type shots available but i haven't got a clue how to use them.

it's only the courtesy girl with the clipboard who tells you anything useful.....manual if ****ing pants.

The same with lumines....manual is really poor and doesn't really explain anything useful. not really a big issue with this game asyou learn what and why things happen quite quickly when playing it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

All my manuals are in Japanese so yes, they're crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

qz wrote:
    All my manuals are in Japanese so yes, they're crap!
    lol....tbh i reckon i'd be better off with the jap manuals....not sure why they even bothered printing this ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

haven't bothered to read them tbh. don't really care. most people just want the basics, rather then having to read war & peace. remember the aim of the psp is to give you gaming on the go, as it were, so trudging through literature to find out how to kick a ball or drive a car wouldn't be helpful

haven't bothered to read them tbh. don't really care. most people just want the basics, rather then having to read war & peace. remember the aim of the psp is to give you gaming on the go, as it were, so trudging through literature to find out how to kick a ball or drive a car wouldn't be helpful

normally i'd agree but in E Golf as you progress it keeps giving you shot upgrades with absolutely no info on how to use them....spiral shots/dif spins.....no info :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

i really want everybodys golf!!! sell? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

TBH having every single move listed in a game's manual would be like putting the fatality combos into the mortal combar manuals. Part of the fun is figuring out the moves imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Try www.gamefly.com

Its a US site for renting out games but has instructions for all games(some games have better details than others), I use to use it when renting out xbox games from xtravision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

The Wipeout manual is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

try www.gamefaqs.com.... better than any manual!

try www.gamefaqs.com.... better than any manual!
    sweet! Thanks for that

3. Shots:

There are various "special" shots that can be performed by pressing
    different direction combinations while setting shot power and accuracy.
    Rising and Homing shots are available when you obtain a character's second
    (2nd) loyalty heart. Spiral shots become available after obtaining a
    character's fourth (4th) loyalty heart. To perform any of these shots
    PERFECT IMPACT is necessary.

Super sidepsin left = Spiral shot - Hold left when setting shot power, then
    hold right when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary.

Super sidepin right = Spiral shot - Hold right when setting shot power, then
    hold left when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary.

Super backspin = Homing ball - Hold up when setting shot power, then hold down
    when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary. A successful Homing ball
    will strike the pin bounce off then strike again repeatedly.

Super topspin = Rising ball - Hold down when setting shot power, then hold up
    when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary. A successful Rising ball
    will strike the pin roll up the pin and drop into the cup.

Super high trajectory - Hold down when setting shot power, then hold down when
    setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary.

Super low trajectory - Hold up when setting shot power, then hold up when
    setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement