Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mode 1 history

Options
  • 07-09-2005 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Going into 2nd yr history next week. Has anyone on boards taken the mode 1 course? I have the option to do so but i'm not sure what to do. Is it a hard course?
    Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

im starting mode 1 history this year.(2nd year)

the mode one modules are: Classical Republicanism, Women in Modern Ireland and The Italien States 1000-14000

sounds like it might be tough. we have to do something called "the marathon" at the end of the year, goes towards our final mark. anyone who knows what the hell this is please fill me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Yep, its the marathon which is giving me 2nd thoughts about mode1!!
    Esp after last year when we didn't have to do any exams for it!
    Only one module last yr- the history of history! And a few seminars!

Not lookin forward to the medieval italian states or the classical republicanism! :(

screw that

Women in modern ireland isnt exactly a racey subject. Classical republicanism seems a bit wordy but alright. and the italien one? its edddie coleman, hes good fun.

No exams in mode 1? weird.... well only one module coz u did other subjects right?

It is only in first year that there is no mode 1 exams.
    It is kinda like an introductory course!
    I did archaeology ( :mad: ) and geography last year as well.
    I'm torn between mode 1 and geography at the min!

meh...

this is what i always wanted, my other subjects from last year sucked balls...

i'll probably see u monday

• Advertisement

Maybe, i had a very bad attendance record last year! :D

I'm sure i'l turn up at some stage during the year. Now if i could just find some accommodation.... :D

Advertisement