Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Hell

Options
  • 07-09-2005 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

How many times are these people going to dig up the Flower Hill road :mad: . Its crazy, they dig it up in the same spot every week? Is there a monkey behind the desk planning these things. Now they have filled it in with sand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

It was lovely last month, then they were all swimming in a six foot deep trench the next day :p

The very road outside the council office is like the moon. Flippin' craters!!

Navan eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

It really is a joke, as if Navan didnt already have a terrible traffic problem. I would love to no why the keep digging it up in the same spot. I no there is a lot of building going on there, but plan ahead, if you need to put 5 things in 1 area, do them at the same bloody time, not weekly :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I know there is a lot of building going on there, but plan ahead, if you need to put 5 things in 1 area, do them at the same bloody time, not weekly :rolleyes: .

We wish. East Wall Road in Dublin was dug up 94 times !!

The piping system is around 100years old. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

They have shiney new blue pipes in that hole now . . .

• Advertisement

They have shiney new blue pipes in that hole now . . .

Thats lovely, now why dont they take the bloody cones away and fill it with some proper tar :cool: . I no they will dig it up again, why would they just lay sound down, its madness :D .

Going past there a while ago. the hole is covered in (badly) but. . . . . . .. There is a couple of lads using the dip in the tarmac as a half pipe :p

Dec

Some town i tell ye that, outside the council office they are digging ..yet...every time i walk past they are leaning on their shovels not doing a tap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Some town i tell ye that, outside the council office they are digging ..yet...every time i walk past they are leaning on their shovels not doing a tap

Thats an age old art otherwise know as breast feeding a shovel.... :)

I think the problem on Flower hill is to do with burst water pipes every couple of days! :) then they fill in the holes.... you would nearly need a Jeep to drive up the left hand lane!

Yup, right on bloody schedule :cool:, they dug it up AGAIN today. Are they fitting pipes made of bloody cardboard or something ? Craziest thing iv ever seen :confused: .

• Advertisement

I was just logging on to say that.
    And of course..when i drove by they werent even working.
    Sitting on a generator i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just noseying down to your forum from the Nortwest.

I see you have the same problems as us lesser mortals in Donegal.

Must be a condition of employment with the local Council - no brains needed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Sorry for dragging up a semi-old post but have you seen it recently ?
    I heard it was goin to take a week now it's two I can't see that happening!

Man

I need to drive across there at about 5 miles an hour.
    Focking Disgrace

Dec

After it's fixed how long before it comes to the sate it was in before?

Its still a bloody joke :mad: , i saw what looked like a 15 your old boy driving the digging thing. Dont think he had a clue wat he was doing.

Hehe, "the digging thing" hahahha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Well they have finally resurfaced Railway St (the moon surface outside the council offices)

Its mental, they spend 1m doing flower hill a few yrs ago, now they'll have to dig it all up to replace pipes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Dont mind them digging uup but why do they have to leave the road in such a state at night etc!!! There is one HUGE pothole in Flower hill and i just about avoided it the other night, it would have definetly burst my tyre! I already burst a tyre last month on the Kentstown which is in a deplorable state!!!

~Leanne~ wrote:
    I already burst a tyre last month on the Kentstown which is in a deplorable state!!!

Don't expect them to start on it anytime before Christmas.
    Meath Chronicle reported that no roadworks will be taking place during the Christmas months. After the uproar over the traffic in the last few weeks the council don't want to see a repeat especially not during one of the busiest times of year.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Did any of you see the new traffic plan ?
    LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

There are always burst pipes around the town, but Meath Co Council dont do anything. Take for example railway street I think it is, outside the council office. They dug up the road and leveled it off, this was supposed to be done before Halloween and as far as I am aware it is still not completed. Then the other day the road was dug up again. They are muppets that work and plan for Navan. I think the best thing you can do is to get some media attention and give out, hold meetings and complain to the goverment. Yous are being fecked around. Stand up for yourselfs.

Advertisement