Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uwe Boll interview

• 07-09-2005 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143249

Now. I have to ask. Which one of you fvckers is sending him e-mails telling him he doesn't suck? Seriously. Fess up.

"So, and then you have basic video game fans and they have mixed up emotions. I know there are like 500 people on the Internet pressing me always about what asshole I am or whatever, but there are also millions of people who sees these movies actually and I get a lot of e-mails and positive response, so I'm not overreacting to critical voices in the Internet about it."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

lol

"It is like the opposite of that with BloodRayne. We kill people, Loken is sucking blood out of people, she f---s people and is naked, and the entertainment is very sexy and violent"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, not that he needs fans' blessings to make them (because of the loop-hole in the tax system where he gets paid to do crap movies and all that malarky) but whoever encourages him to keep putting out those ****ty excuses for films should be named, shamed and neutered!
    I can't believe he was able to recruit Jason Statham and Ron Perlman for his next film :( Edit, and Ray Liota! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Uwe Boll could be making "Postal"

Dear god. But interestingly, it says there that Boll only came onto House of the Dead 2 months before shooting....so maybe that's not all his fault. After all, he did make a few watchable movies. As the interview actually mentions. I have one or two of them on DVD, and they are watchable, nothing spectacular but nothing too bad either...

But Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead were horrendus, Dungeon Siege is now in current butchering.....strangely enough, can't wait to see how it turns out just due to the fact that Boll is behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

koneko wrote:
    "We kill people, Loken is sucking blood out of people, she f---s people and is naked, and the entertainment is very sexy and violent"

Anyone remember that movie where the guy is a 13-year-old kid or whatever that morphs into a grown man's body? That must be what happened to Uwe Boll.

'My next movie is called "Gun Blood Killars", it features a group of female vixen-vampires (who are also aliens) who roam the earth viciously murdering (and f---ing) people while wearing both metal bikinis and capes. Also there will be cyborg dinosaurs.'

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

If he ever managed to somehow get his hands on the Half Life licence I think I'd have to hunt him down and terminate him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Dear god. But interestingly, it says there that Boll only came onto House of the Dead 2 months before shooting....so maybe that's not all his fault.

David Fincher had the same problem with Alien 3 and though fans are divided on it, it did'nt stink anywhere near the level of house of the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    David Fincher had the same problem with Alien 3 and though fans are divided on it, it did'nt stink anywhere near the level of house of the dead.

No, but at least to that date Alien was an estabhlished franchise with I'm sure a decent ground script to work with. I think really actually Boll probably just added the cherry to the mound of **** that was HOtD since, probably, its very initial draft....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

but at least to that date Alien was an estabhlished franchise with I'm sure a decent ground script to work with

You dont happen to have alien quadrilogy boxset on dvd do you?

If you do watch the making of alien 3. The script constantly kept changing and wasnt even finalized when the film was in shooting. They had to go back 9 months later to shoot new footage to make the film work.

I'm not trying to push all the blame onto Boll and let the scriptwriters away but there is an element of responsibility to the director, actors and editor to either change/cut anything which does not appear to be working in the overall film. You can take a bad script and make a good film, just as easily as someone can take a good script and create a stinking pile of horse****.

I read the interview a while ago and i dont believe Boll, he is just shifting the blame.

I'm not 100% if its true, but Paul W.S Anderson pulled a similar stunt with AVP, when the film was horribly criticized, Anderson swore there was a much gory and balanced version that was cut down by the studio. It then turned out the studio only cut 2 scenes from the film and neither solved the films faults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

He is, he's shifting the blame on everything. Did you read the part where he blames Tara Reid for the fact Alone In The Dark sucks? HotD sucked bad, and blaming it on Fox/Sega isn't helping him. So he came in late in the project. That sucks for him, but it's no excuse for "I didn't do any dialog so we made it up on the spot" and that adding in game footage was "cooool".

Did anyone notice the part where he's actually directing a scene ("CUT!!") while he's doing the interview?

Sico, dead on, that's my impression too. He IS a bad 80s movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, say what you want about him, the man knows how to get a film made. Personally, I think he's a terrible director, but as a producer the man in a genius. I was absolutely hooked to that interview, look at the part where he talks about how he gets his casts, or how Alone In The Dark only cost $17 Million. I was suprised as hell with that figure altogether.

I'm not trying to excuse his movies, but if this man ever started producing other people's movies, I think we'd see some serious quality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He says that the die hard game fans didn't like his films becasue they had a different film in their heads than the film Uwe Boll made and that it is the same with adaptations of books. I'm sure most die hard LOTR fans had a different film in their heads than the one peter jackson made but it never stopped anybody from enjoying it. I think the problem was that most people had a 'good' film in their heads and not an abomination that on top of it all ridiculed the game it was based on. House of the Dead was a 80's b movie turned into a video game but Alone in the Dark was quite an intelligent horror game that Resident Evil ripped off and nothing like what the film presented.

Advertisement