Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get B'band in limerick...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

The sales dude told me it was 9km!
    Either he is wrong or the website is.
    Going on past experience (t&c etc, sales patter) I wouldn't hazard a guess at which one to believe :-)

Of course it makes no difference to me, Caherconlish is 9.5 kilometres from the city :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

jimoc wrote:
    The sales dude told me it was 9km!
    Either he is wrong or the website is.
    Going on past experience (t&c etc, sales patter) I wouldn't hazard a guess at which one to believe :-)

Of course it makes no difference to me, Caherconlish is 9.5 kilometres from the city :-(
    I presume you can't get dsl??

looks like IBB or satelite for you mate??? sorry..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

IBB don't do the area (theres a surprise) and I wouldn't insult my computer by hooking it up to a satellite connection :D
    Up to a few weeks ago I had Chorus Powernet before they 'upgraded' it
    (please replace the word upgraded with 'decided it wasn't worth keeping it running anymore so "accidently" broke it while doing some "essential maintainence work"')
    At the moment I'm modeming it, but at about 3 hours a night I'm in for a hefty phone bill in a month or two.
    There is a group data scheme coming to the area soon once we can find highpoints to put the dishes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

I got IBB in yesterday and here is the speed test

test1.jpg

I live out by the parkway in limerick and have a good line of sight, the package is the 2 meg 1,so very happy at the mo ,ill keep you informed ,it will be intresting to see if this speed holds

BrendanD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

There's a metroe thread under the broadband section.Guy called Chaz from metro will answer questions. limit for metro wireless is 10k so the call guy is right. you have to have los to the city centre..not sure where but i doubt it's the clarion..could be the new building..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

BrendanD You are so silly....lol but honestly IBB are the biggest load of crap you will ever have. look at the speeds i got at the stat and what i have been getting now for the last 3 WEEKS :mad: Im also real close to the mast! IBB = :mad:
    @ The Start
    [IMG][/img]undstitled.jpg

Speeds I Get Now
    [IMG][/img]SPEED.jpg

Hughesy wrote:
    I didn't think wireless was released in limerick yet...

Have you ordered ricey??

If so, how long for installation??

I have ordered for the last week or so, I should have a good LOS im in Caherdavin near enought to the city center.
    The girl said it should be about 3 weeks.

She told me 4 to 6...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

ricey wrote:
    BrendanD You are so silly....lol but honestly IBB are the biggest load of crap you will ever have. look at the speeds i got at the stat and what i have been getting now for the last 3 WEEKS :mad: Im also real close to the mast! IBB = :mad:
    @ The Start
    [IMG][/img]undstitled.jpg

Speeds I Get Now
    [IMG][/img]SPEED.jpg

Well it works fine at the mo , if service falls out it goes no big deal.

BrendanD

True Brendan but its going to be a pain in the ass for you, calling them up everyday and $hit. But then again it might be ok for you who knows. I have told my bank to stop anypayments to them because i have tried to get it out so many times but ibb seem to think my connection is ok...lol what a load of **** contention my ball$.

Ya it could be 4 to 6 just cant wait to see what its like only thing that has me worried is the 60gb CAP but il just have to watch that, or not im a bit of a download head.

Do you think you will use the VOIP much? Im thinking of getting out my landline altogether.

• Advertisement

ricey wrote:
    True Brendan but its going to be a pain in the ass for you, calling them up everyday and $hit. But then again it might be ok for you who knows. I have told my bank to stop anypayments to them because i have tried to get it out so many times but ibb seem to think my connection is ok...lol what a load of **** contention my ball$.

Ya it could be 4 to 6 just cant wait to see what its like only thing that has me worried is the 60gb CAP but il just have to watch that, or not im a bit of a download head.

Do you think you will use the VOIP much? Im thinking of getting out my landline altogether.
    I will use it, i dont have a landline anyway. My mobile bill is usually 100 a month and that covers all the calls i need!!

Advertisement