Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat bt cancel issue. web site feature not working

• 07-09-2005 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

hi,

I canceled my esatbt always on service back in feburary.

I used their web site where you can view bills etc.
    and cancel services.

I noticed the other day that I'm still being billed.

I quized them on it and while they say they have it cut off now
    they claim there is no record of the web transaction won't refund me.
    Its a couple hundred euros and I'm really annoyed at the attitude.
    what options do I have ?

/ds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

I had problems with their billing system and the web interface (although not the same problem as you are having). The only started to take me seriously when I made a complaint to Comreg.

I suggest you do the same.

Did you switch to a new service and stop using their one back in Feb? If so, you can show that you took out a new service from bills etc. and hopefully show little or no traffic over you EsatBT connection since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Did you get any sort of confirmation email after you cancelled?
    I had this with Eircom after I cancelled the free trial.They tried to bill me for the first month after, saying I didn't cancel in time. They soon changed thier mind when I forwarded them the email confirming cancelation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

I can't find a receipt email.
    i'm sure I had one.
    but, as always, as soon as you look for anything like that its missing.
    arragh.

I think I will go via the comreg

thanks for the advice.

/ds

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

There really is a crying need for Comreg to insist on a proper procedures and records of on line transactions. When a person signs up or cancels online the Company should be required to acknowledge the transaction by email within 24 hours giving full details of the last day (or commencement of the contrac tin the case of a sign up) Surely that would not be all that difficult to implement and would be in both the company and the customer interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

BT Ireland in billing shocker!
    (No offense to the OP!)

That is very annoying alright, and I hope you get it sorted. Complain in writing stating as much fact as you can. Use registered post and state that you wish to have the matter resolved within 10 working days, giving various contact details where they can contact you. If you don't get it resolved (and not just "we're looking into it"-type responses) after 10 working days.. complain to Comreg, in writing.

From this point on, make note of people's names, exact dates and times, and what they said. For any vague detail, clarify it, so there's no doubt as to what you were led to believe. Follow up to ComReg on the status of your complaint every few days. Look for, and reference, other users (here on boards, for e.g.) that have had the same issue.

The main thing is to note everything everyone says from now on, and press the issue (first with BT Ire, and then with ComReg).. but ComReg will not be very interested until you at least attempt to have it resolved between yourself and BT Ire in the first place.

Good Luck, and keep us informed on how you progress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I'm with dub45 there .. there is a glaring lack of accountability from all Irish telcos and ISPs. There's no excuse for "we have no record of that" these days. All correspondance should be greeted with an ID that can be used later .. it's not rocket science. ComReg do need to look at this, as it clearly isn't working right now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

cgarvey wrote:
    I'm with dub45 there .. there is a glaring lack of accountability from all Irish telcos and ISPs. There's no excuse for "we have no record of that" these days. All correspondance should be greeted with an ID that can be used later .. it's not rocket science. ComReg do need to look at this, as it clearly isn't working right now.

Similarly I belive that everyone who signs up for bb either on the phone or over the net should be routinely emailed a dated copy of the Terms and Conditions currently in force.

Advertisement