Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ollie Byrne gets 1-month ban

• 07-09-2005 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

o2 wrote:
    Shels boss Ollie Byrne has received a one-moth ban from attending eircom League games and a €2,000 fine after his August altercation with Drogs PRO Terry Collins

Now in fairness, I hate Ollie Byrne as much as the next man, but how they found him guilty of this I have no idea. I was standing 5 yards away from the incident and have to say Collins made an absolute meal of it. Hopefully it will curb Ollies behaviour in future though, although I'm not going to put money on that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

The man is scum and corrupt,the biggest hooligan in the Eircom League,all EL fans bar $hels supporters despise him. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

jonny68 wrote:
    all EL fans bar $hels supporters despise him. :mad:

Eh, Shels fan here. Hate his guts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

MrJoeSoap wrote:

how they found him guilty of this I have no idea. I was standing 5 yards away from the incident and have to say Collins made an absolute meal of it.

Probabaly an accumulation of incidents?

I'd never even heard of any incident between these 2 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Shels fan here, jumping for joy at the news.

He's f**king rubbish.

gimmick wrote:
    I'd never even heard of any incident between these 2 though.

It was the "incident" with the "photographer" after the Drogheda game. Turns out the "photographer" was a Drogheda PRO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

He has done great things for Shels but he doesnt know when to draw the line.

The amount of times he has jumped over the line and then had a jig on the other side, it had to STOP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

Give the man a break. The whole league is out to kill Shelbourne F.C. The fine was pretty heavy but I hope this draws a close to this chapter of the book.

Sorry to be constantly picking holes Jubbers!
    jubbly wrote:
    Give the man a break.

No, he has constantly broken the rules, and has finally been called to task over it. It amazes me that he has gotten away with it for so long. Much as I have no time for Pat Dolan, he has long known what Ollie is all about, and when he said anything, the book was thrown at him!
    The whole league is out to kill Shelbourne F.C.

Explain? Has any other clubs players, managers or officials behaved like some at Shels this season?????

As a Cork City fan I have loads of admiration for Shels. :)

THEY, were the team that have set the standard and decided to go Full-Time. :)

BUT, Ollie Byrne has gotten away with things for too long.

There are too many to mention. :rolleyes:

Ollie has had enough breaks and gotten away with too much. He has to go now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

That punsihment is ridiculous. Yet another example of the eL robbing money off Shels.

Now I was pissed off with Ollie after the Roddy incident but I'm sticking up for him to a degree here. I'll echo what Mr. Joe Soap said. I was 2 yards infront of that so-called ''assault.'' Ollie was clearly provoked by the photographer by ramming that camera in his face. The photographer feigned liked the Israel keeper against Ireland....... disgusting. Yes Ollie deserves punishment but that OTT punishment is uncalled for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

jonny68 wrote:
    the biggest hooligan in the Eircom League

The Garda deployment at Dalymount Park last Friday suggests different.

I'll take this opportunity to formally request that the anti-Shels brigade on boards leaves the chip off the shoulder just the once and reads what Shels fans have to say about Ollie on this forum.

JoeSoap has said it, I'll back him up. I am a Shels fan who hates Ollie.

I'll take this opportunity to formally request that the anti-Shels brigade on boards leaves the chip off the shoulder just the once and reads what Shels fans have to say about Ollie on this forum.

JoeSoap has said it, I'll back him up. I am a Shels fan who hates Ollie.

LOL! :D

Why use to word ''hate'' to describe Ollie? To use such an extreme word against someone who has done far more good than bad for our football club I find really sad. If there was no Ollie Shels would not be the club they are today.

He has so many admirable qualities and dislikeable qualities at the same time.

I'll give the man a fair tribute.

If every Eircom League club had someone as driven and passionate about their club as Mr. Byrne then we would be better off.

The drive and determination has more recently been replaced by dementia, thats whats getting at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

That punsihment is ridiculous. Yet another example of the eL robbing money off Shels.

Now I was pissed off with Ollie after the Roddy incident but I'm sticking up for him to a degree here. I'll echo what Mr. Joe Soap said. I was 2 yards infront of that so-called ''assault.'' Ollie was clearly provoked by the photographer by ramming that camera in his face. The photographer feigned liked the Israel keeper against Ireland....... disgusting. Yes Ollie deserves punishment but that OTT punishment is uncalled for.

Was the incident with Roddy also heard, or is that going through the courts first? Should be another fine and ban coming up but then hes only a "loveable rouge" Had numerous previous incidents involving Ollie Vs Derry fans, Pats fans, Bohs fans and Roddy not happened Im sure the penalty wouldnt have been as severe.

BTW did Shels not also get a fine for the fans (including yourself) going onto the pitch?

"They were fined €500 for allowing fans encroach on the pitch after the game and €500 for an incident in which a roll of masking tape struck fourth official Dave McKeon on the head as he entered the match officials' room."

I was 5 yards away but actually wasnt on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Ollie has done alot of good for Shels but now I think he has brought us as far as he can and should step down, he is doing more harm than good atm. But, he will always be remembered well by Shels fans when looking back on his career with us on a whole, who gives a toss what the rest think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

I hope this is the end of the Ollie rountine, I have nothing more to say about all the previous incidents in the Eircom League. But there was a lot of resentment towards shels for their run in Europe. Maybe it was all down to Ollie. The man has done so much for the club but at the same time has hurt it so much too.

Forget about Ireland we can still qualify for UEFA CUP next season and make the group stages of the competition.

FORZA SHELS ! !

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    BTW did Shels not also get a fine for the fans (including yourself) going onto the pitch?

Standing behind the barriers constitutes as running onto the pitch?

As a Cork City fan I have loads of admiration for Shels. :)

THEY, were the team that have set the standard and decided to go Full-Time. :)

BUT, Ollie Byrne has gotten away with things for too long.

There are too many to mention. :rolleyes:

I think you'll find that BOHS were the first team to go professional ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I'm quite sure that's not true

Of course, getting technical, was it not Shamrock Rovers under Giles? They went full time didnt they?

Slash/ED wrote:
    I'm quite sure that's not true

Of course, getting technical, was it not Shamrock Rovers under Giles? They went full time didnt they?

maybe years ago but im talking about recent times ;)

^ In which case it would be Sligo Rovers, who went fully pro in 1994 ish! ;)

Advertisement