Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP One Week On

• 07-09-2005 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

hoping to buy a PSP on Friday. do you think there will be any available to buy in Waterford or will it be a case of wait a few weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

i rushed into buying one and am regretting it there's no good games out for it yet, i made the same mistake with my ds and only now are the class games out for it (cant wait for mario kart ds online) in my opinion wait a while until you see something you really like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

1huge1 wrote:
    i rushed into buying one and am regretting it there's no good games out for it yet, i made the same mistake with my ds and only now are the class games out for it (cant wait for mario kart ds online) in my opinion wait a while until you see something you really like

Im generally pretty hard on games & they rarely hold my attention for long but saying that the PSP has no good games is idiotic. I have Lumines, Wipeout, Virtua Tennis & Ridge Racer ( all 9/10 games on Eurogamer ) and they are all fandidly-tastic. I havent stopped playing any of them since I got them....

Mercury ( 8/10 ) on Eurogamer will be my next purchase & Tony Hawks is supposed to be great. ( if youre into that sorta thing, which Im not )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

If you bought your psp during the US launch you would be pee'd off due to the fact that there hasnt been a lot of games released over the last 5 months that are any good. But if your just buying one now, you have a good few games to pick from now and over the coming months there should be lots of good games. Winning Eleven/Pro Evo(which looks brilliant), Burnout, SSX, FM2006, GTA, Street Fighter etc are coming out over the next few months and much more that i cant think of atm. I think its only going to get better and better and it should to bed "theres no good games" . If u have any interest in getting a psp , i'd get it now and not just wait for small price drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

1huge1 wrote:
    wait a while until you see something you really like

but i have, Wipeout and Ridge Racer. plus there is the whole mobile video watching thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Tusky wrote:
    Tony Hawks is supposed to be great. ( if youre into that sorta thing, which Im not )

I'm not really into that sort of game anymore but It really is good you should get it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm very glad i made the impulse buy on the day. Ridge Racer and Wipeout are whats keeping me busy, and i even got stung in work today playing Wipeout. Burnout and GTA will be my next purchases.

A remember that Argos had a good stock of PSP's on the day when most other places where sold out. Its dear at €270 on it own, but if you buy it with Ridge Racer you can get it for €293.

bought a PSP value pack today and notice there is no usb cable. is that normal to not get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Mossy Monk wrote:
    bought a PSP value pack today and notice there is no usb cable. is that normal to not get one?

no, i got one free with an accessory pack GameStop (Henry Street) thru in....bless em. :)

Tbh, i reckon that GameStop have the best bundle deals Obviously not compared to online stores)....well, i didn't see better anyway. I got the PSP value pack, with any game of my choice and any movie of my choice with the acc. pack for 314

nice, i thought 294 or whatever it was for value pack and Ridge Racer was a good deal :D
    i'm still happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

U don't actually get one in the box though!!!

You should get one for about €5.. They are cheap as chips... If u have a digital camera or mp3 player, it might be the same cable!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

i got thug 2, and its great, hoping to get everbodys golf or vurtua tennis, which is better?
    my psp is still fun after 6 months, somethings telling me not to purchase any games, i just keep thinking gta will be released any day!!!
    have a lot of u seen the september release poster for gta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

shortys94 wrote:
    i got thug 2, and its great, hoping to get everbodys golf or vurtua tennis, which is better?
    my psp is still fun after 6 months, somethings telling me not to purchase any games, i just keep thinking gta will be released any day!!!
    have a lot of u seen the september release poster for gta?
    Go for everybody's golf mate... Have VT and it's not the greatest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

I Got My PSP ON 1st September.. BEST IDEA i ever had. I got need for speed underground and ridge racer, They are Brilliant. there is also this HotSpot at certain places, go on to mc donalds website and find out where you hot spot is, then you can play anyone in the eu or even the world, i have a usb cable, got it with a old camera i had, fits perfectly,

If You Want A GoodUSB Cable, Buy It At www.geeks.com , thee guys sell gold plated USB's And Thats Not Kidding, They really do!!,

I Am Thinking Of Getting DUB Edition I forget the first name but anyway, and defenitaly Gta, This psp Is Probaly the best thing i ever bought, that and my Handycam, And Vaio

My Brother Got one on the same day as me, and so did my cousin, we all split up and moddded up our cars, and then raced the 'ell out of em'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

i really really desperately want a PSP.

How much are they with one game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you are looking at getting a USB cable take a look at this one from lik-sang.

It has both a USB connection and a PSP charger adaptor so you can charge your psp and transfer files from the one cable. You can get it from lik-sang Europe for about a tenner [+ P&P].

pay more to get it from Europe?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Uselss piece of info but:

- a Blackberry data cable works fine for the PSP,
    - add a USB charging cable to your Blackberry charger and you can charge your PSP.

Advertisement