Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny People -Weekend Edition "Whats this now!!!

Options
  • 07-09-2005 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

It appears that the KP are hitting back with a weekend edition, to battle against the VOICE. First edition is out on the 16th. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Who would be mental enough to buy the kilkenny people twice in the one week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

wanna put bets on which paper will go bust first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Kp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Will anyone buy the Kilkenny Voice? The Kilkenny People has had a remarkably dominant position in the local newspaper market for a long long time. Will people change their reading habits?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

According to the Kilkenny people I read during the week, the weekend edition has been put back, as they're trying to hire more journalists.

John

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What a waste of space of a paper and now the've expanded it to two waste's of space.
    The paper only seems to write about places outside the city when something bad happens,

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

There's not enough proper news to fill one paper, never mind two papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

CoolCiaran wrote:
    There's not enough proper news to fill one paper, never mind two papers
    That would be true of most provincial papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

It appears both papers have the same stories just written by different people, more importantly who will the advertisers chose.

What's the point with that?

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Lump wrote:
    What's the point with that?

John

Its how the papers actually make money, The voice had 20,000 papers sold on there first edition at €1.65 each but that won't go far for paying wages and costs. Advertising is €10 per centre metre single colum. I can't see all the advertisers all of a sudden running ads with both papers. There going to chose the best paper!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

But which one will go under first? That city aint big enough for 2 papers!

Eh, I'm talking about the Weekend edition of the Kilkenny People... I assume you're talking about the Kilkenny Voice, therefore, you need to be in a different thread.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Personally I think the KK People would be foolish to bring out a weekend edition and split their resources into two papers. They should concentrate on making the Wed edition better.

They have made some improvements in the last few weeks but it still has a way to go.

I have only read one edition of the Voice. Competition is good - people seem to be forgetting that we used to have The Kilkenny Standard for years too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tramoreknacker

KKP have seen off the KK standard on 2 occasions.
    Mainly because we dont know different. Nobody has stuck it to the man. :)

Lets be honest here people, I, like most people only look at the KKP for the court cases. I/we are always looking for our friends/mates/enemies or the situation that we witnessed. Any other news that we read, we already know it, probably because we are the NEWS :)

KKP used to have a good website (Not updated enough, but good nonetheless)
    I say used because right now it is crap. I went to their guestbook and said it as it is just like 50 or so people.
    Then the Twats removed all but the nice ones. Stuff like site is great (When its crap) remained. ok, ok, i understand its business. But the site is crap. For people like me that want the stories online they need to get their act together. I mailed them to say i will pay for an online version. Have a look at the Irish Independent Unison.ie. Excellent site. You can get the news updated all day long. Now, im not expecting daily updates but weekly yes.(will pay) I think since John Kerry Keane sold it (Not that he was much good) the place has gone to pot. Im not even sure who owns it now. Did a Scottish company own it for a while? do they still have an interest? I will go with the first paper that give me the juice online. The KKP has started (But boy are they slow) The voice, has a reserved site. For Gods sake if yere serious, how hard is it to get it up and running? Any half decent webmaster would have it sorted in a week. If not, I can be contacted........

Advertisement